How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

183 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

sk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RickG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the need for a feature to raise hands. We tried Skype for Business. It didn't have this feature and made meeting management very difficult. This feature is available in WebEx or Zoom

• Jonathon Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the only things keeping me from using just MS Teams for meetings. Until it's in, I will continue to use WebEx.

• Dio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, "raise your hand" is necessary for large meetings. Also, maybe add a number inside the hand to know who wanted to participate first. I think this would be very useful for active meetings that have a large number of attendees.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature and honestly, has been in competing products for years. I'm not sure how this hasn't been added already. People can post in the meetings but can't have a raise hand icon? Odd design decision. Please add this because i really don't want another meeting product in my environment.

This feature as well as meeting analytics. My HR department training department compared this with Zoom and dumped Teams for Zoom. They have agreed to reevaluate at a later date, but will take a whole budget cycle.

Great idea, especially for those that are a little nervous of speaking up. If it allowed you to make your icon "glow" it would give an easy view of who was waiting to speak, which is also useful for the organiser in terms of keeping to time. If you add the option to glow in different colours (MS red, green, blue and yellow!) then you could use it for voting - "who thinks X is a good idea? Press 'green' now".

I am using chat for this and its obnoxious if there is more than a couple people. Raise hand would be a perfect solution and save lots of time!

• Tim M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature for "Raise Your Hand". It is a must for many organizations. The lack of this feature is forcing us to use multiple products.

• Fred Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to include a queuing mechanism so that moderator knows who to respond/address when multiple people used the feature.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.