How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

I hate Teams! It is confusing and cluttered. A user cannot delete messages, really? All the messages live for for eternitity.

Confusing and Cluttered application. How about a simple messaging app like Skype. Oh wait you deprecating that for this POS. Can't delete previous messages/conversations, really? Did you even focus group this? You obviously no nothing about human nature. People say they want more but they actually want less. For example, take a look at your TV remote the next time you are sitting on your couch. How many of the 150 buttons do you actually use? Probably 4, Power, channel up/down, volume up/down. Maybe input to. Do not try to fix what is not broken. Do not EOL Skype.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my business needs Skype is far better to communicate and manage than Teams. Teams is confusing / cluttered and not intuitive at all. Teams does not let you know what you recent "hits" are , I have missed conversations since it is so inferior to Skype in that way. Meetings and presentations are less effective/ more confusing in Teams (in Skype they are a breeze). They should keep Skype and add Teams features as they can , so at least work can get completed. Too many aggravating problems in Teams to list. its just a failed idea that is being forced on everyone.

• Darrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I am a HIGHLY INTELLIGENT computer savvy person and I had to search google on how to start a NEW CHAT. It was unlabeled in the top of the Teams bar and it looked like and edit icon? Please LABEL the button START A NEW CHAT. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate it because for my purposes - skype did what i needed when i wanted to setup an only meeting and have my customer call me and not use the audio over the web... We just wanted to share screens and it was easy to setup and email my customer... Now it takes me several steps to get somehting setup to just do an online meeting with me calling them directly .. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT... I may just renew my webex subscription and the heck with microsoft... I can only say TEAMS SUCKS for what i need and i dont need a new chat network to connect with .

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Conversations can be going on in multiple areas of Teams, besides the obvious chat area, which can lead to confusion. Compared to Slack or Hipchat, for example, it's easy to lose your way in Teams. The user interface is cluttered and clunky, instead of sleek and clean. The meeting option doesn't always work as you would expect, with some people being unable to be heard. Teams offers lots of upgrades over competing programs, but at times they are lost with poor user experience and an interface is less than intuitive. Clean up the UI, limit where conversations can happen, and improve the meeting features.

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being forced to teams and I can't stand it. I agree way to cluttered I just want simple and clean. Did not ask for this. I will probably avoid turning it on when I log in everyday because I don't need another window open with 50 things going on inside of it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just a microcosm of what is going on in the software world. Instead of taking functional working programs and optimizing them, Tech workers are worried about their jobs and Tech companies are protecting their bottom line. Thus, we are stuck in a world of never-ending change, with too many new programs and features, most of which nobody is asking for. The explosion of websites and blogs that capture the discontent demonstrates how Apple and MS are so big, they longer need to truly listen to customers, the listening that does occur is not authentic and I feel for the people on the front lines trying to defend these bad decisions. This is further aggravated by the fact programs are increasingly becoming more 'big brother' and features are now mostly dictated to us, because they know best! I strongly believe in “The bigger they are the harder they fall” just hope it happens soon for all our sakes.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And it took several hours to twig what they were trying to achieve. There is possibly too much documentation on this and I just wanted somebody to tell me succinctly what it was all about. You're right though, it's too complicated. All my client really want is SharePoint document libraries and a mailbox... you know, like that old site mailbox that worked just like email and not the cut-down conversation view in Office 365 groups

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I raised a ticket to look at Teams because over the concern of SFB EOL which my main Office 365 client has just about got their head around. I've worked in computers for more years than I want to recall but I just didn't get Teams. Okay, I get the idea of persistent chat and trying to bring everything into one place, but email is still critical for my clients - it's their primary tool for communication with pharma clients. These clients are NOT going to adopt instant messaging or persistent chat anytime soon so the only chance that teams will be adopted is by brining email into the Teams interface. So no, they didn't focus group it with the right people and just saw Slack and went "we need that". I'm not going to even mention it to my client for now :-(

• LisaJo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deleting a chat, post, message is a function of the TEAMS settings. It can be set to not allow any deletion, deletion only by Owner, deletion by all. Maybe your TEAMS settings need a change?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.