How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

449 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Ott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with team members who travel constantly, and the main reason I'd like to have custom status messages is to communicate where (physically and in what time zone) people are. It is tremendously helpful to know if someone is on a flight (as opposed to "busy"), and what client site they're at.

• Alberto Sepulveda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Skype for B had something similar where you would be able to put a fun blurb that everyone else would be able to see.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should certainly be possible to choose your status message - and it should certainly also be an option for people viewing it to suppress "fun" icons.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to enter a custom status like “working from home” or “on vacation” or “out sick” with fun icons to go along with the status.

• Reuben Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a 100 character field status option so we can inform people what we're doing right now, "I'm gardening", or something else!

• Mark Chally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were coerced into using MS Teams instead of Skype. One of the missing Skype features is the ability to enter custom status messages through what Skype called the "mood message." I made great use of that to tell people if I was at lunch, out sick, etc.

That feature is SORELY missing

• Lieke Rietrae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In SfB you can write a personal note to clarify your status. For instance: I am working at home. This was a very handy function of SfB because it gives a quick overview of where your colleagues are hanging out in the building / in the country. Me and my colleagues miss this function in Teams.

• Justyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keeping Status and Presence separate is IMPORTANT - we use Status for things like "working from home today". Really big feature that we lost when our company went away from Skype, but now with Teams we may have an opportunity to get some great functionality back.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base