How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

433 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Vassar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Halfway a nice feature. Can we get more visible options for it though? Both in setting and seeing (especially seeing, there's no good visual a status is on a user)

Here's some suggestions
    Set status next to menu (user image in top bar)
    Status indicator in chat list (simple icon after user name)
    Status message above chat box when chatting with user that auto-hides after a message is sent for 5 minutes (Like when it lets you know a user is out of office)
    Show the status next to the user name in the chat at the top of the window

• Mark Lepofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Marco; this is a great addition, but there should at least be a way to tell if someone has set their status message - perhaps an indicator at the bottom left or a ring around the avatar.

• Marco Erdmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found this feature in the newest Teams update. While it is in principle nice to have this back (we were using Skype for Business before), this has to get more prominent. It currently only shows up in the Avatar popup which is way to invisible. My colleagues use it to notify others e.g. about home office or other relevant information so it would be nice to see this also in the chat list without hovering the mouse over the avatar picture.

• Nigel Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing to see a feature with a low count in testing when other items are receiving more requests. May be you need to include dates for when suggested, accepted, started on, and other stages.

• Mark Lepofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been turned on for our tenant. One question I've been getting is whether these statuses will be visible to guest users in a team or only to internal users? Is there a definitive answer to this?

• jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I missing something? The only way i can see this is if i click on someone's profile. I never do this. Adding the status similar to the way it works in Skype would be better for us.

• RobinInOR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love it! Showed up yesterday for us. Good job!
    One little glitch for me, though.
    If I set the status in the Windows client, it shows up in the Mac client, all is good.
    But the browser (in Chrome) doesn't show a status at all.
    If I set the status in the browser, the new status does show up in Windows/Mac.
    But I reset it in Windows, browser won't pick it up. And if I refresh the page, it's gone altogether - no status at all.

TL:DR: Browser client doesn't honor the current custom status settings although setting the status in the browser shows up in other clients.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this being added. One of the big complaints for my users that migrated from Skype for Business to Teams!

• LR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This missing feature has stalled our implementation to date, so this is GREAT news!

• Stephen Edmonson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thrilled to see this! This is a great way to give teams some additional functionality in a way that creates customization. Who DOESN'T love customization?Thank you for listening!

• DimaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoooo-hooooo, after two yeaars we are still on the same place. So sad, Microsoft. We want to use this field for quick actions like in Slype- lunch, brb, home sick and so on.
    C'mon, guys!

• DimaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, but seems like this feature request is only for chosen ones.
    So sad.

• Jenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use this function daily at work and it would be very detrimental to not have it available in TEAMS too!

• Chuck Bartowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't classify this as "fun" but more essential, at least for my business. With users in multiple locations it's a must have for us. Can't ditch Slack until this is implemented.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base