How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

223 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rick Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company uses jabra hsc016 headsets with Skype and we're rolling out Teams to the business. The physical controls currently do not work. Assuming this is more of a Jabra issue than Teams, but posting anyway in hopes of a result.

• Tom Castiglia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue with my Logitech headset. The mute button on the headset works in Skype but not in Teams. Teams reports a message of "Call controls on headsets and other devices aren't available right now". Would love to be able to mute from my headset.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype supports the Plantronics Savi 700 series with headset call controls. Teams constantly shows the feature isn't supported for headset controls. Please add support for the Plantronics desk headsets.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Microsoft Roadmap" shows "Microsoft Teams - Support for features for USB Devices" (Featured ID: 24210) was released in Q2. But, it's not working. Teams constantly tells me that this feature isn't available. I'm using devices that have been "Optimized for Lync/Skype" (i.e. Jabra Speak 510 MS, Jabra Pro 9400 MS, Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC). The call control with Skype for Business works great. None of these are working with Teams.

This should work like Skype for Business. I can't hold calls of value with business partners or customers on Teams without this function.

I use a Jabra (Model #: HSC040W) which has hardware call controls that Teams doesn't recognise.

• Chris Banks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also happens with Plantronics Voyager Legend UC, Microsoft. Is there any plans to increase the range of supported headsets for Teams to include other Plantronics headsets that currently work with Skype for Business?

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.