How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

204 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rick Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue with Jabra controls. Works fine with Skype for Business but doesn't work with MS Teams.

• Ed B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update for this feature? This is crazy that it's not supported yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Focus UC wireless headset with MS Teams. When I connect to a meeting and try to mute my microphone from the Teams menu my headset mic does not mute. This only happens with teams if I use it with other software such as Skype it works fine.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear colleagues, if users using Skype f.B. and Teams on their computers. The API can only handle one applications (Skype) that the controller of the headset (mute, hangup, etc. )is working. If I´m closing the lync.exe in the taskmgr Teams can work with these controller, but for 1000´s of users this is not a possible way to handle that issue, can you please have a look if you can change the API that both applications working with different ways?

• Andy Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using a Corsair Void Pro Wireless with Teams. I can mute by raising the mic out of the way but when I lower the mic back into position I have to click the unmute button in Teams. When I use it in Skype for Business, Skype doesn't mute or unmute when I move the mic but it works perfectly for me because my headset handles the mute. Can Teams either support both the mute and unmute features for this headset or give me an option to disable that so I can just let the headset itself handle this functionality.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both a Plantronics 5200 UC and a brand new Jabra wired headset. The control buttons neither work with Teams....

Headset controls on several different devices started working in Teams once I dropped S4B.

• Shelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sennheiser ear buds don't work either. I can hear people but they cannot hear me. Seems like the device only recognises teams as a Media service, not a call Service... Microphone is disabled.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is there no official response on this? We use S4B with Jabra headset and when I press the Mute button on the headset, it mutes my Skype. When I do the same thing on Teams, I get a notification that says Call Controls aren't available. The headset still mutes me but Teams doesn't show it muted. This leads to people being "Double Muted" when they have to unmute the headset and unmute Teams just to talk.

I don't know how more people haven't complained about this. Wow.

• Elan Shudnow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Sennheiser SD. Call controls do not work with Teams even with the latest updates. Work fine with Skype for Business.

After many months of being annoyed by this message I was able to eliminate it by making sure I exit the Skype for Business Service. If Skype is running I constantly get this message in Teams but if I exit (make sure not running in background) the Skype for Business Service I not longer get this message any my headset controls work as expected. Would be nice if this issue could be corrected properly so products could co-exist.

Teams constantly pops a banner across the top: "Call controls on headsets and other devices aren't available right now."
    Would love to use my Plantronics 8200 headset (firmware v.402) and BT600 (firmware v.1610), however Teams (1.1.00.31860 (64-bit). last updated 12/10/18).

• MJP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone provide a model that Teams is actually working with. We have sent a few Plantronics Voyagers out to a few users and when they call they are muted and can't unmute using the headset. I can send a model that works faster than this issue will be resolved in Teams.

• Philip Dickason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been testing Teams and are having the same issues as below and we have numerous different headsets with the same issue(Jabra/Plantronics). The Mute/Unmute button on the actual device/headset does nothing in Teams but works fine in S4B.
    This needs resolving.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company uses jabra hsc016 headsets with Skype and we're rolling out Teams to the business. The physical controls currently do not work. Assuming this is more of a Jabra issue than Teams, but posting anyway in hopes of a result.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base