How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

143 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rick Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both a Plantronics 5200 UC and a brand new Jabra wired headset. The control buttons neither work with Teams....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Headset controls on several different devices started working in Teams once I dropped S4B.

• Shelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sennheiser ear buds don't work either. I can hear people but they cannot hear me. Seems like the device only recognises teams as a Media service, not a call Service... Microphone is disabled.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is there no official response on this? We use S4B with Jabra headset and when I press the Mute button on the headset, it mutes my Skype. When I do the same thing on Teams, I get a notification that says Call Controls aren't available. The headset still mutes me but Teams doesn't show it muted. This leads to people being "Double Muted" when they have to unmute the headset and unmute Teams just to talk.

I don't know how more people haven't complained about this. Wow.

• Elan Shudnow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Sennheiser SD. Call controls do not work with Teams even with the latest updates. Work fine with Skype for Business.

After many months of being annoyed by this message I was able to eliminate it by making sure I exit the Skype for Business Service. If Skype is running I constantly get this message in Teams but if I exit (make sure not running in background) the Skype for Business Service I not longer get this message any my headset controls work as expected. Would be nice if this issue could be corrected properly so products could co-exist.

Teams constantly pops a banner across the top: "Call controls on headsets and other devices aren't available right now."
        Would love to use my Plantronics 8200 headset (firmware v.402) and BT600 (firmware v.1610), however Teams (1.1.00.31860 (64-bit). last updated 12/10/18).

• MJP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone provide a model that Teams is actually working with. We have sent a few Plantronics Voyagers out to a few users and when they call they are muted and can't unmute using the headset. I can send a model that works faster than this issue will be resolved in Teams.

• Philip Dickason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been testing Teams and are having the same issues as below and we have numerous different headsets with the same issue(Jabra/Plantronics). The Mute/Unmute button on the actual device/headset does nothing in Teams but works fine in S4B.
        This needs resolving.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company uses jabra hsc016 headsets with Skype and we're rolling out Teams to the business. The physical controls currently do not work. Assuming this is more of a Jabra issue than Teams, but posting anyway in hopes of a result.

• Tim Lourey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Skype has this to some extent and I don't think it's vendor software functionality.

• Tom Castiglia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue with my Logitech headset. The mute button on the headset works in Skype but not in Teams. Teams reports a message of "Call controls on headsets and other devices aren't available right now". Would love to be able to mute from my headset.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype supports the Plantronics Savi 700 series with headset call controls. Teams constantly shows the feature isn't supported for headset controls. Please add support for the Plantronics desk headsets.

The "Microsoft Roadmap" shows "Microsoft Teams - Support for features for USB Devices" (Featured ID: 24210) was released in Q2. But, it's not working. Teams constantly tells me that this feature isn't available. I'm using devices that have been "Optimized for Lync/Skype" (i.e. Jabra Speak 510 MS, Jabra Pro 9400 MS, Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC). The call control with Skype for Business works great. None of these are working with Teams.

This should work like Skype for Business. I can't hold calls of value with business partners or customers on Teams without this function.

I use a Jabra (Model #: HSC040W) which has hardware call controls that Teams doesn't recognise.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base