Support Seamless SSO (Password Synchronization) for web app and Desktop app
We use Azure AD Connect in "Password Synchronization" mode and Seamless SSO activated. This works great for the Outlook Web App but does not work for Teams - neither the Teams Web App nor the Desktop client. User still need to type in their user name manually. The password is not prompted.
Please enable Seamless SSO for Teams, just like for Outlook Web App.
- Seamless SSO set up according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-sso-quick-start
- We do not use any kind of federation, so this completed user voice does not apply: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16940257-sso-using-adfs-azuread
- We start the Outlook Web App with the following suffix: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/?realm=tenant.onmicrosoft.com
- We start Teams with the following suffix: https://teams.microsoft.com/?realm=tenant.onmicrosoft.com
- Users log in to Windows with their local AD credentials and receive a Kerberos ticket
Chris Hill commented
I found that Seamless SSO works for the initial logon, but if the user logs out & attempts to log back in again, the username/password prompt (always) appears
Please can Seamless SSO be enabled for *subsequent* logons, not just the first?
Dominik Dünnebacke commented
I found an undocumented solution to the issue. The URL format must be as follows to allow Seamless SSO:
Replace "tenant" with your own realm.