How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to Mute a Conversation Thread

Please allow the ability for individual users to mute replies to a thread they have participated in. Allow this to be a toggle located under the three dot menu or an additional hover button.

429 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Kenyon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like this can't be emphasized enough, there really needs to be the ability to mute conversations you have participated in. I have coworkers that have refused to respond to a conversation in Teams because they don't want to have a ton of notifications from that same thread.

• Cici S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to muting threads, please add a way to mute notifications when your status is BUSY. I share my screen often in meetings and I can't have notifications popping up.

• Amy Fleming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've lost two coworkers from using a TEAMs Group because they didn't want to be copied on all of the notifications. We are trying to get everyone in the company to eventually use TEAMS and this is a big hurdle.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

236 votes... what's taking so long? PLEASE implement this feature. I want to comment and be involved, but getting a million notifications is really distracting.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely AGREED! Twitter does this very well with the "mute this conversation" option. And we can also un-mute it at any point, although being @'d should override your mute (great suggestion)!

• Stephen Cunliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I really want this too, if just the ability to mute notifications on a thread is doable then I’d be fine with this too.

• Peter Braun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has been mentioned multiple times below, but to show absolute enthusiasm, YES, please implement this.

The feature should have the timer functionality though. E.g. mute for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours or mute until user manually reactivates notifications for that particular thread.

• Austin Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE consider implementing this. Our company has turned to Teams for every interaction imaginable, and it can get a bit out of hand.

For example:

"General it is Meme Day! Not many rules, 1) needs to be original 2) Make good choices- please put new all memes on this thread so we can keep the voting consolidated."
    > 108 replies from you, Foo, Bar, and 38 others

While many people LOVE to keep up-to-date on the latest in meme trends (108 new messages from the team in an 8 hour period), I would love the ability to mute rampage threads so I can focus on the important notifications.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes. some conversations i don't want to hear the notification sound, but the rest i do.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto Ditto Ditto, Ditto Ditto Ditto. Repeat this comment over and over and over and over, and over and over again and you get the gist on these interrupting notifications we are getting on a particular ever living, no longer relevant threads throughout the day to the computer, phone, and watch. To the point of wanting to unsubscribe to the channel but must for the sake of the job.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base