Office 365 Homework Tracker!
I am a high school English teacher and have been using Office 365 apps for a while now. I am a great believer in the positive impact that ICT tools have on student engagement and effective teaching. Furthermore, I have been promoting the use of ICT in my faculty and with my colleagues, especially with reducing the amount of paper work we accumulate. Consequently, I believe the addition of a new feature will greatly encourage teachers to use Office 365. The new feature that I am proposing is a Homework Tracker for teachers. Homework is a critical part of any school and great emphasis is placed on the impact it has on student learning. As a result, keeping track of the homework in an effective and efficient way is currently not addressed by the existing apps. I know that many teachers are interested in this feature as it will increase efficiency, performance and engagement.
By homework tracker, I mean a program that enables teachers to do the following:
• Keep track of students who have completed their homework
• Keep track of students who have not completed their homework
• Input specific notes regarding the homework
• Organise the data according to dates to avoid the manual input of dates
• Link to other Office 365 apps (especially Class Notebook) and possibly G Suite apps
• Present the statistics of homework using graphs (like in Gradebook under Google Sheets)
Thanks for sharing the information. We currently do have a product Microsoft Teams Assignments which has the similar feature that you described above. Please take a look at these articles (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-teams-5aa4431a-8a3c-4aa5-87a6-b6401abea114?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US ) which will help you understand the work flow of the product and implementation. Hope you like the product and join us in the journey to make teachers life easy.