How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

80 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Nickolaus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darpan Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The keypad do not function properly during the audio conferencing feature in teams. This is especially necessary in dialing out extensions to phone numbers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are waiting for this to be implemented/FIXED/resolved. This is holding up our deployment of TEAM SRS to all our Conf. rooms

• Jim Stanis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering Microsoft is marketing these devices as part of a “Teams Room System”, it seems about time they fix this.

• Keith Knowles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have heard rumor that this is fixed in the next update to SRS v2 but when that update is going to be released I do not know.

• Mike Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the latest on this? 95% of business calls into a conference bridge require a conference code to be entered. Seems like such a small ask, but a huge miss!

We seem to have this issue multiple times every week - seems crazy that we end up using a mobile phone on speaker instead of the expensive technology that we've licensed/purchased.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 more vote. This is a major issue for us too. For the same reasons that have already been stated. I wish we were more aware of the UserVoice to research the hangups and issues others have before using Teams.

• Ron Scheuman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. How can you release an update to a phone system that doesn't allow the user to use the dial pad? How has this not been resolved yet?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How has this not been solved yet? There has been a teams update on Skype room and it still has the same problem. This is clearly a bug

This issue is stopping us from rolling out Teams meetings for our conference rooms!! Hurry please, our users love Teams and want to make this final transition!!

Amen. From a Skype for Business meeting, I can call out to a conference bridge and add them to my meeting. Hence, I can join a Skype for Business meeting to a Microsoft Teams meeting by dialing in from the SFB meeting and entering the meeting PIN. Not so if using "invite someone or dial a number" from within Microsoft Teams meeting. No dialing pad presented once number connects so I can enter the meeting PIN, but even if I manually bring up the dial pad via "..." it won't recognize any meeting pin input after number is connected.

• Pete Guzman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Throwing in on this thread but the caveat to my issue is that when I enabled Teams in one room, the dial pad is no longer there on the main screen.

• John Zabroski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm... we're trying to migrate from Skype for Business to Teams after Microsoft announced Teams is the approach. Does anyone PLEASE have a workaround??

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.