How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

203 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas Luethi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised when I heard that. Good to see I'm not alone. Hopefully they will provide some feedback on that soon.

• Hendrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential requirement. We cannot migrate from SFB to Teams until this becomes available.

• Sascha Stops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not agree more especially this was possible with SfB and if you want to replace SfB with Teams you should aim for feature parity in all configurations.

This is a must have feature or Teams cannot be a viable alternative to existing telephony systems.

The service numbers should be supported on Direct Routing as it does not make sense to migrate service numbers only to support Call Queue and Automated Attendant. It needs to be added to the roadmap as it is a critical part of a Business operation

This really does need to be a supported feature in order to make direct routing a real option for some customers. We experienced several challenges with this limitation when deploying CCE's and I was surprised to see this omitted from direct routing in Teams. If Microsoft want customers to treat this as a real alternative to an on premises deployment, this has to be added to the road map. Thanks.

• Rade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why does the teams dev-team effectively BLOCK this ability?

I've tested to redirect the calls with number-to-sipaddress translation on my Audiocodes-SBC -> no chance.
        I've also tested to configure a call forwarding on an user to the AA -> the call is routing to the attendant (first think "YES Finally a work around") but no one is able to accept this forwarded call...

Why?

• Ketan Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are number of my customers holding out on migration to O365 and Teams because conference number cannot be supported from on-prim connection in O365. This is an issue in SFBO and now with Direct Route, it remains. The main reasons for customer are as following:
        1) Microsoft provided PSTN connectivity is too costly in compare to what local PSTN connectivity cost customer has.
        2) They don't want to port 800 numbers (vanity numbers) to O365 as it is critical for customer business.

3) Customers want to keep their PSTN connectivity to the same PSTN provider and again don't want to port to Microsoft PSTN connectivity due to regulatory and business requirements.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base