How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

339 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas Luethi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key as calls to RGs lose the caller info since number is forwarded from our on-prem number (Direct Routing in place).

• Ben Rooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment we configure our clients to route via our 3cx pbx which handles the auto attendant and then pushes the call onto teams. This is not an ideal approach and many opportunities will have been lost without the use of this function.. This is in no way aiding the adoption of Teams.

• Peter Almer Frederiksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We absolutely need to be able to use our own phone numbers from Phone System Direct Routing in Audio Conferencing. We are not going to change phone numbers just because we upgrade from SfB.

• PUNIT SAINI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to use Auto attendant for Direct routing setup.as there is no way to assign Service number for Auto attendant.

May i know when this feature will be available with Teams.This becomes road block from us.

• Mark Radcliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should also be able to use Direct routing numbers as Calling Line IDs to mask outbound calling IDs with a mainline number!

Direct routing seemed so good, but now just feels like a hardly thought out feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was also after the ability to use customer's indial numbers for audio conferencing.

I also would like 3rd party PSTN numbers to be used to provide PSTN Dial in Conference numbers via Direct Routing allowing the Direct Routing Provider to control the PSTN access and billing.

• Llewellyn Giles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely required as well as conferencing via Direct Routing. We have paused migration at meeting rooms because of this (would like to move our 1000 seats).

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does this not have more votes? I can't use this without this function.

• David Chomca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also bringing own number to list of Audio Conference numbers using Direct Routing. This is not nice to have, this is expected to be already done :(

• Mark Radcliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this is so bad, I just started setting this up with an ISP and didn't know there was no ability to use direct routing trunks in call queues. This just bricked my hole migration. I can't believe they didn't make this part of the direct routing feature set.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised when I heard that. Good to see I'm not alone. Hopefully they will provide some feedback on that soon.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base