How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Save Conversations to Outlook

We are moving from Lync/Skype to Microsoft Teams at work. One of the features Lync had was the ability to have conversations automatically saved to a folder in outlook.

This gave me the ability to have a record of a conversation that could be attached to emails as needed.

If Microsoft Teams has this functionality, I have not been able to find it. I can only see the ability to copy and paste a conversation, which is easily editable.

Does Microsoft Teams have this capability or are there plans to add it?

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Magnus asked "You can search in Teams. Why duplicate that in Outlook"..

Why?.... why should we have to remember which decisions/conversations/shared links/etc happened in Teams and which happened in Outlook. Why should we be cutting and pasting between apps.

Email and chat are two forms of messaging, is it not reasonable to demand an INTEGRATED messaging platform from Microsoft? There should be an integrated place to search history.... what's the point of an "integrated messaging platform" that not integrated? Lync/SfB did it, why not Teams? why is two separate platforms acceptable... integration means more than having similar logos.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Magnus Hustveit - You can look it up in teams, but I do not see a way to attach a conversation to an email if needed. This only allows me to see the conversation I had. I cannot forward it to another user.

There are times when a record of a conversation needs to be escalated. With link, the conversations are saved to outlook. This allows users to attach an un-editable version to an email in times when an issue needs to be escalated.

The goal is for this to be used in lieu of Lync at our company, so I need to know how escalated conversations will be able to be resolved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base