How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Option to change global font size in Teams & apply settings to incoming messages like you can in Lync

Very important for visually impaired individuals. Lync has an option that allows you to specify the global font settings and then click a box that "applies settings to incoming messages."

This means that someone like myself, who is visually impaired, can then set the global font to say 16. Then all messages I type will be at size 16 and more importantly, all the messages I get back from people are going to be size 16 as well.

This option also allows people who Don't want to see messages in size 16 -don't have to. They can specify their own individual font preferences.

Currently, our company uses Teams and the inability to set global font sizes and control what size incoming messages are displayed at is causing difficulty. It can be set for Each individual message Every time, but that is neither convenient nor really usable as it does nothing for the incoming font size.

I would think Microsoft would want to make their products as user friendly as possible- especially for those who are visually impaired.

56 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ditto for another reason: I continuously paste terminal outputs to chat windows. I'd like to select a fixed size font such as "Lucida Console" as my default so they are readable for the recipient.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In group chats - the ability to change fonts, font size, and even font color is extremely useful in tracking comments from particular members (even though there is the icon to the side)
    So
    Speaker 1 may choose Times Roman 12pt in burgundy
    Speaker 2 may choose Arial Bold11 pt in dark blue
    Speaker three may choose Courier 14pt in hot pink

Much easier to follow who is saying what, and since Skype already had this feature- why not continue it in the "New and Improved" Product?

In case you are not still considering it - please do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is annoying and should have been in the beta version of Teams. This is a HUGE issue and scrolling through the lists it's very clear this is a huge issue for people and needs to be updated today. Add a parameter in settings like they already have in Skype to keep your font selection until you decide to change it. I don't understand how leadership didn't catch this while testing it or using it even a few times.

• Lauren Koch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing if we could change the default text settings for the chats. Font, SIZE, boldness, etc. The current default text is so small and hard to read.

• Nerisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also feel like we should be able to select a font and have it saved permanently. Something in settings. We are having to change the text every time we go in to type something (if you want to make the text larger or different color font). Also want to be able to delete private messages rather than hide.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to change the font size and color for incoming and outgoing messages permanently, instead of having to select these items each time I send a message.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.