How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

archive

I would like to be able to archive channels within a team. Right now i can just archive the whole team

68 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

liz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Markus Bürster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a great idea! In our agency we have some persistent teams that work on many projects in just a year and although the channels are not necessarily needed everyday it is great to go back and look up details on similar projects. Considering our project count it is just a matter of a year or two until the channellist is completely cluttered. So an archive function similar to Slack's would be very helpful.

• Benjamin Hole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very useful feature in TEAMS. Instead of stacking up channels indefinitely, or deleting channels loosing the data, being able to archive the channel, or move it into a sub folder within the Team would benefit work flow and Team organisation. Please consider this feature request.

• J. Warwick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. Some teams are persistent teams, with a mix of persistent activities/roles along with medium length projects that might warrant a channel for a while, but then once the product is deployed or delivered, you are just in "support" mode. It is still valuable to have research access to the channel's content, but no need to clutter the standard UI anymore. "DBA Team" or "Accounting Team" (perhaps particular audit events) would be good examples of teams fall into this pattern, I think.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.