How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

197 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Hebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the Support Dispatcher for our company and this feature not being there is going to cause considerable issues. I can't send an incoming call to a tech's voicemail directly without them switching to DND. Also I'm not allowed to just tell vendors to call back so this needs to be resolved. This is in almost EVERY other telephony/VOIP system so why leave it out here?

• Jonesy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company made the switch a few months ago and I wish we waited for this feature! It makes it very difficult to do my job properly when people want the calls to their VM and I can't do it! When you go into meetings, you must put your TEAMS status on DND in order to not be bothered by calls. This should have been a standard feature, available from day 1.

• TBishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this so badly! It is the only thing left holding us back from switching from our current VOIP provider to Teams.

• Shuja Najmee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a must have feature. I can't setup after hours calls to be directed to a voicemail because this feature is lacking.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad this feedback is 10 months old, and no official word back from Microsoft.

• BN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moved from Skype to Teams, this is our biggest need for the receptionist.

Microsoft, Can you please give us an update? It's kind of a joke that we don't have this feature.

as a receptionist, not having this option makes my job that much harder! we have a lot of meetings, some with clients and some without them present, but if someone is in a meeting, they don't want the calls coming through, but the only option to get them to their voicemail is to transfer the call...

• Wayne Wishart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, how are you going to try to "seriously" compete when you can't offer a simple feature. By the looks of it this has been discussed for quite some time now. Why would you remove the feature, you had it in SfB?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big step backwards... Come on how hard is it to be make this happen.

Well here we are, today MS forced a client over to Teams without any heads up. Probably wouldn't be such a big deal, HOWEVER, not being able to transfer to voicemail is killing them slowly and painfully. Nobody reads this anyway.

• iKnowTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I even have to vote for this request. The fact that isnt built into the product at release is basically nearing incompetence on MSFT's part. I'm also finding I can't have a simple general voicemail box without additional licensing which is again just mind boggling. Already regretting pushing clients towards this product.

This feature is heavily used on our current PBX and is a usability barrier to moving users into Teams

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the most basic of phone features, Transfer to voicemail, this should have been part of the original release.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base