How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

244 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a priority. Absolutely ridiculous that a phone system wouldn’t have this feature. No timeline is also unacceptable.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't see this in Teams roadmap. Really hope this is getting its proper attention, as this is very basic features on other phone systems.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have a timeline for when the feature "to transfer a incoming call to voicemail" will be available.?

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates or rough timeframe? Eagerly await Skype feature parity on this item.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, any updates on when this will be released? We cannot switch to teams until our receptionists can send calls to someone's voicemail.

• Mike Hebel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the Support Dispatcher for our company and this feature not being there is going to cause considerable issues. I can't send an incoming call to a tech's voicemail directly without them switching to DND. Also I'm not allowed to just tell vendors to call back so this needs to be resolved. This is in almost EVERY other telephony/VOIP system so why leave it out here?

• Jonesy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company made the switch a few months ago and I wish we waited for this feature! It makes it very difficult to do my job properly when people want the calls to their VM and I can't do it! When you go into meetings, you must put your TEAMS status on DND in order to not be bothered by calls. This should have been a standard feature, available from day 1.

• TBishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this so badly! It is the only thing left holding us back from switching from our current VOIP provider to Teams.

• Shuja Najmee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a must have feature. I can't setup after hours calls to be directed to a voicemail because this feature is lacking.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad this feedback is 10 months old, and no official word back from Microsoft.

• BN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moved from Skype to Teams, this is our biggest need for the receptionist.

Microsoft, Can you please give us an update? It's kind of a joke that we don't have this feature.

as a receptionist, not having this option makes my job that much harder! we have a lot of meetings, some with clients and some without them present, but if someone is in a meeting, they don't want the calls coming through, but the only option to get them to their voicemail is to transfer the call...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.