How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

165 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad this feedback is 10 months old, and no official word back from Microsoft.

• BN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moved from Skype to Teams, this is our biggest need for the receptionist.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, Can you please give us an update? It's kind of a joke that we don't have this feature.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a receptionist, not having this option makes my job that much harder! we have a lot of meetings, some with clients and some without them present, but if someone is in a meeting, they don't want the calls coming through, but the only option to get them to their voicemail is to transfer the call...

• Wayne Wishart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, how are you going to try to "seriously" compete when you can't offer a simple feature. By the looks of it this has been discussed for quite some time now. Why would you remove the feature, you had it in SfB?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well here we are, today MS forced a client over to Teams without any heads up. Probably wouldn't be such a big deal, HOWEVER, not being able to transfer to voicemail is killing them slowly and painfully. Nobody reads this anyway.

• iKnowTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I even have to vote for this request. The fact that isnt built into the product at release is basically nearing incompetence on MSFT's part. I'm also finding I can't have a simple general voicemail box without additional licensing which is again just mind boggling. Already regretting pushing clients towards this product.

This feature is heavily used on our current PBX and is a usability barrier to moving users into Teams

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the most basic of phone features, Transfer to voicemail, this should have been part of the original release.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had Skype for Business, when do we get Teams for Business? looking forward to more improvements like this

I have a ticket open with support about this issue - but they informed me their is no road map for this feature. I am unsure why this would be available in Skype for Business (pending license type) and completely removed from Teams.

• Ian Parlaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If my boss is in a meeting, I don't want them to have to walk to their phone to reject a call, or just have it ring 5 times in a row while they're trying to focus on their client. This is my first priority for a new feature.

• Joe M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I cannot believe we dont have some prefixes. Such as to transfer to voicemail place a * before the transfer or some sort of character first. This is crazy.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base