How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Transfer to voicemail option

In Skype for Business and most other phone systems, you can select to transfer a caller directly to voicemail (receptionists use this all the time). Teams does not have this option. It is very important for folks to not transfer to a ring-ring-ring experience if they simply need to leave a voicemail.

114 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is heavily used on our current PBX and is a usability barrier to moving users into Teams

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the most basic of phone features, Transfer to voicemail, this should have been part of the original release.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We had Skype for Business, when do we get Teams for Business? looking forward to more improvements like this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a ticket open with support about this issue - but they informed me their is no road map for this feature. I am unsure why this would be available in Skype for Business (pending license type) and completely removed from Teams.

• Ian Parlaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If my boss is in a meeting, I don't want them to have to walk to their phone to reject a call, or just have it ring 5 times in a row while they're trying to focus on their client. This is my first priority for a new feature.

• Joe M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I cannot believe we dont have some prefixes. Such as to transfer to voicemail place a * before the transfer or some sort of character first. This is crazy.

• Kelly Robb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to have a transfer directly to voicemail option so that a customer is not sitting waiting on hold for too long.

• Christine Barron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having a direct to voice mail transfer feature would be a very helpful tool in the business community. Often a member of our team will request not to be disturbed for a period of time if they are working on a project and having a call continually ring at their desk when they cannot answer is a poor service distraction. On the other end of the phone, a customer has to hear their call ring for x number of times before reaching the option to leave a voice mail message. Also poor as customer service goes.

• Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! Our receptionists need to be able to send a call to a voicemail without disrupting employees.

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Though you can work-around this by telling the employee to hit the decline button, this is not an acceptable work-around in many situations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base