How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Persistent call controls on active calls

In Teams Calls while on an active voice call, the call controls disappear from view. Can you add a Setting to make the call controls persistent for active calls?

This is particularly a problem after opening the Dialer, which makes it so that when you hover over the teams window, the call controls do not re-appear. You must close the Dialer before you are able to successfully end a call.

If you cannot add an option to make call controls persistent, can you add in the call controls to the Dialer area?

34 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elizabeth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked that Skype for Business had a small call control window that was always on top even if SfB was minimized.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is another example of Microsoft failing to understand the needs of its users just because their needs are slightly different than what they want within their own company. When 10+ people join in on a call from 10 different, potentially noisy environments, we need to mute and un-mute frequently to avoid injecting unwanted background noise into the call. Its stupid that the call controls disappear and have to be summoned back. I would advocate that this should not be a setting, the call controls should simply be visible at all times during an active call, period. That goes double for the mobile app. There is PLENTY of room for those buttons to be on display continuously.

Feedback and Knowledge Base