How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Warren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shawn Keene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree - need separate indication if I've missed a message. Flashing the taskbar button for me would be preferred because it's been the Windows standard since '95.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also thought the red dot in the systray was an indicator that Teams thinks I'm in a meeting based on my calendar. I do find this helpful, but I also want to know when I've received messages while I've been away. The task bar should flash and it would be great to have a small icon indicating activity in the systray too. Even better if it had a count on it like what appears on the taskbar (which should be flashing!).
    Cheers,
    Tom

• Jason Mansfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I somewhat disagree with Aaron's comment. Because Teams doesn't show notifications during meetings AND automatically considers me to be "in a meeting" if there's something scheduled on my Outlook calendar, having an indication that Teams thinks I'm in a meeting is helpful, since I know that I might not be getting notifications during this time.

So I do still find the distinction helpful.

• Aaron Sherber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go further and say that the sys tray red dot to indicate Presence is useless. I know if I'm in a meeting and don't need Teams to tell me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base