How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to set who can take control of Powerpoint presentations

The new (July 2018) functionality for powerpoint in meetings is good. However, it allows ANY user (even external attendees) to take control of the presentation, without the original presenter able to stop it (other than taking back control). This is madness.

We should be able to set either whether this can happen at all, or who can do it, or at least have a request/approve function on it, like happens with taking screen sharing control.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neil Arrowsmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Didier CUNILLERA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Je ne sais pas se qui est le plus incroyable, que quelqu'un chez MS est eu cette idée stupide ou que personne ne l'est arrêté !?
    Et aussi qu'il n'y est que 12 votes !!!

• Lisa R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well - this is a terrible implementation. I have had people mis-click the "next slide" button when perusing my slide deck & inadvertently take control. Yes, I can take control BACK, but the meeting has been disrupted in the process.

The cleanest approach would be to restrict those who *can* take control, then I do not need to interrupt my presentation to *grant* control to the one or two other people who need to control the presentation. But using 'request' instead of 'take' would be an improvement.

• Simon Bassett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. If we have a presentation with 20-25 attendees, not everyone one of those attendees should be able to take control.

Feedback and Knowledge Base