How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Query contact name for incoming PSTN calls from Exchange adressbook and other sources

Today, Teams displays the number of the caller for incoming calls from PSTN. Teams does not display the name of the caller. So I dont know who is calling.

Would be great, if Teams queried the number in my/company Exchange adressbook (and other contact databases, like CRM) and displayed the name of the caller instead of the number.

146 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jens Timmermans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not migrate to Teams until we can see who's calling like we can in Skype for Business that use caller recognition from the GAL. I will definitely switch to another PBX in the cloud like 3CX if Skype for business gets dropped without this feature being implemented in Teams.

• Alexandre Rozand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This currently works in Skype for Business online, I guess Microsoft just needs to accept the caller ID from carrier.

• Timothy Meredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, so frustrating for MS to kill all SfB/Lync connectors in push to teams but allow no easy/obvious way to query incoming caller id's to build connectors to other software. At least support your own high dollar software (dynamics)!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are piloting Teams, and even after a transition it is unlikely that ALL of our users will be using Teams for PSTN calling. The lack of CallerID information from our PBX/SBC into Teams is a real blocker for some users.

• Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like it to show the name that comes from the PSTN, and show the name from the GAL or Personal contacts if that differs from the PSTN information. I'm still very surprised that Teams doesn't at least show the name that comes from the PSTN.

• Giorgio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Teams users can’t see who is calling. Our PaBX send caller name into sip packet to audiocodes but Teams don’t display it. An alternative way should be to match caller number with organization address book in active directory

Feedback and Knowledge Base