How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Settings options to hide or show Team in Outlook

Teams are not shown in the Global address list and under groups in Outlook by default. In order to change this, we need to run a PowerShell command. It would be great to have an option in the Teams settings to show or hide the team from Outlook, so the Team Owner can change the settings instead of requiring PowerShell

68 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Serge Tremblay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DMoller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree. It will add a significate amount of extra work to manage via powershell. We would like the option for the owner of the Team to be able to add the group in Outlook but also allow the end user the ability to remove the group from Outlook

• Eddie A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy. I am holding a training on Teams tomorrow and I know I will be asked about using shared calendars for a team. This means that all new Teams will have to have this command run against them. Causing more tickets for our users and admins. It should be a simple on/off button per Team setting.

• Robbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long must you wait for them to show up when you create them via admin portal?!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help if there was an option to make the selection while creating the team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This decision was ridiculous. No Team can exist without MS Group underneath yet we decide to make teams created in Teams not show as a group?!! How about a simple choice upon creating a team in Teams that asks you whether you want it to show in Outlook groups or not. Then allow a setting to make one or the other your default choice. Anyone at MS ever program anything before?!

• Rob Lessard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge, sharing group calendars via outlook is very important. Please don't rely on PS to get there.

• Thijs Bergervoet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide us a UI setting per group to change this for admins, using PowerShell for this every time is ridiculous.

• ay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree here, I would like to have the user creating the team to have the ability to make it visible in outlook. I shouldn't be running PS commands for this everytime that a user needs this.

• Aaron Weiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. From what I remember we used to be able to see Teams inside of Outlook (the the very least OWA) as a Group, not even two weeks ago. I don't want to have to run a PS command just for what should be a easy option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base