How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

74 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robbie English commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be brilliant to enable distribution lists in teams or something similar where a user could message the distribution list and get an available manager instead of popping from manager to manager to see who is available. I would think this would be integral part of the organizational flow especially since some conversations need to take place privately and not in a channel for all users to see.

• Villads Chester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are looking for adding distribution/security groups and KEEP the group as members then I fully support this idea. It's great you can add members from a distribution group, but very bad that the members will not update when you add members to the distribution group.

• Satish Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, they should consider to migrate DL added in contact list when migrating users from SfB to MS Teams.

• Andy Shi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a key feature missing in Teams. To add them one by one, it is a stupid design.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is a key piece of functionality in s4b that needs to be added to teams before I can consider replacing s4b with teams. Right now all my distribution lists I have added to s2b show up in teams but they are empty and do not work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we need to be able to do this, the groups are created and recreating is too time consuming

• Jussi Palo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key missing feature before I can even consider using Teams over SfB for chatting. There's no way I will manually create, populate, and maintain groups in Teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base