How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

-HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information in this thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Teams-do-not-create-365-group/m-p/205983/thread-id/14745

449 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philip Netherclift shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I not understand what is the reason that is disable by default. We are new users for this tools and unfortunately I don't have admin access to reenable it by powershell.

That is make sense avaialble to choose in the Teams to create team group

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt the MSO 365/MS Teams engineers actually use their products, or that anyone in MS departments/divisions uses them. This explains why this feature was turned off. Please restore the option -HiddenFromExchanageClientsEnabled=false, and/or be able to change this value from the Admin Center. ~Audrone Matutis

• Kylie Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hidden by default is not ideal, it should default to not hidden, and have a toggle in the UI to hide it if you want to. The thing I find most annoying about the group being hidden is that it prevents easy uploading of attachments from Outlook - the "upload" option is great for groups that aren't hidden. Users either have to sync libraries to their Desktop (not practical if you belong to lots of teams, and not practical when working from several different devices), or manually copy and paste the library URL (not easy for non-technical user) or save to desktop and manually upload via the Teams app, or copy the email address for a particular channel and forward the email to that. None of these options are easy and it makes it hard for users to do the right thing.

• Andy Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide toggle in the Teams Team Settings for Team Owners to choose whether to unhide the Group calender or not.

• Patrick Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was definitely a feature regression of 365. I understand the change to making them hidden by default but giving end users no way to adjust this (and actively removing the main work around people had found to this: selecting the option to "Create a Team from an existing group") is making a feature that many of our users have come to incorporate as part of their communication and collaboration work flows a purely administratively adjustable powershell command is ridiculous. Please give our end users the ability to toggle this on and off.

• MiguelT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today my CEO came to me and told me he can not find teams in the global Adress list.
    Well funny thing that nobody in one year gave the info that they can not find the Teams in the global adress list anymore.
    So i have now to update 40 Teams with PowerShell...

• LWZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. please add the flexibility for user to turn on or off O365 group when creating Teams Channels.

• Pfizmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I found the work around to adding a group calendar to Teams using the URL (until it is added into Teams), and have done this in my existing Teams.
    Now, I created a new Team and cannot find the group calendar in order to obtain the URL. Very, very frustrating. Quick access to a group calendar is a basic need for any Team/group, no matter the industry. Please do something about this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree that the option should be with the TEAM owner who is creating the site. The whole point of teams is to create autonomy for the user. It is frustrating when trying to create a smooth connection between the other Office products. Please take it out of PowerShell - it's a needed improvement!

• Glyn Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this functionality as it is particularly needed when deploying Teams initially in Collaboration mode. i.e when Teams meeting aren't enabled but Teams still would like to be able to manage the Shared Calendar associated with the Team/O365 group. I think this is a miss in functionality to support Collaboration mode and ease the transition from Skype to Teams.

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an Admin of a Small Business.. Tenant of ca. 15 Users.

I have never used Powershell. Did never need to use it so far.

For Admins like me an easier option then Powershell needs to become available as soon as possible.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be most helpful. Because many of us are not always using Windows PCs, we don't readily have access to Power Shell commands to fix this type of issue
    Thank you,

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.