How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

-HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information in this thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Teams-do-not-create-365-group/m-p/205983/thread-id/14745

359 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Philip Netherclift shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pfizmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I found the work around to adding a group calendar to Teams using the URL (until it is added into Teams), and have done this in my existing Teams.
    Now, I created a new Team and cannot find the group calendar in order to obtain the URL. Very, very frustrating. Quick access to a group calendar is a basic need for any Team/group, no matter the industry. Please do something about this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree that the option should be with the TEAM owner who is creating the site. The whole point of teams is to create autonomy for the user. It is frustrating when trying to create a smooth connection between the other Office products. Please take it out of PowerShell - it's a needed improvement!

• Glyn Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this functionality as it is particularly needed when deploying Teams initially in Collaboration mode. i.e when Teams meeting aren't enabled but Teams still would like to be able to manage the Shared Calendar associated with the Team/O365 group. I think this is a miss in functionality to support Collaboration mode and ease the transition from Skype to Teams.

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an Admin of a Small Business.. Tenant of ca. 15 Users.

I have never used Powershell. Did never need to use it so far.

For Admins like me an easier option then Powershell needs to become available as soon as possible.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be most helpful. Because many of us are not always using Windows PCs, we don't readily have access to Power Shell commands to fix this type of issue
    Thank you,

• alicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to have calendar Outlook created inmediatly i create a team and then have the option to disable because now i cant find how to show the team calendar in outlook

I would prefer to allow choose when creating the team and an option to switch whenever I want to hide/show it.

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer to allow choose when creating the Team, same as selecting private/public.

• Paul Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the default behavior and support Microsoft adding a toggle to the UI both at the tenant level and team level.

• Chris Copland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a joke, worst example of change / release management by Microsoft (and there have been a few!)

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an admin control for this too! So I can set the default for the tenant.

I think hidden by default for teams created groups is the right way to go but I think adding into the UI to ask if it should also be visable in outlook is worth wild to do and super easy on the code side.

• Sonia Jobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a group with Teams. Teams must than generate an adresse e-mail and and agenda Outlook of that groupe, or else what is the use of using Teams? I hope it's not just another gaddet.

• Anthony Vallalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very true I believe we need to have those Groups showing up in Outlook. My work around right now is to create my Groups in Outlook then Teamify the Group in Teams. Just an idea and I'm going to see how that works but I don't want to have to add steps to our end users process of creating a Team whom are just now trying to embrace this new technology. There's already enough for them to try and learn so please consider going back to the original way Teams was designed. Thank you.

• Alfonso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it´s very important for my organization create a team and can access to the Outlook group associated to the team, now we are workwaroud this problema creating first the Outlook group and associating a new team to this group.

If the "hidden" attribute defaults to False, how do we find the url for the group calendar so we can link it to the Team channel?

• Petr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that I am alone in this, but - why would just anyone use Groups along with Teams? It is a chaos, when users ask, why the group emails are not propagated to the channel wall and vice versa. The inability to hide/unhide Groups in Outlook is a MS imo an oversight though. So users can attach callendars, contact lists, but are not able to select/add groups themselves to see? Not even an administrator can do it unless diving deep into the PowerShell? Hilarious ....

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base