How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

156 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Troy Davis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward Molnar-Strejcek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company has the same concern. There needs to be some type of notification that is extremely obvious the group has guests/non-employees, or We could turn on a Banner stating your post will be sent to external participants.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One way to deal with this would be to allow the team owner and/or the local user to set the team's accent color. This is useful for other uses too, such as categorization of teams.

This useful feature has, however, already been rejected by Microsoft.

• Dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same concern. You can create an Internal vs. External channel (guests), however there isn't a clear distinction between the two - besides the name. A separate component for External Facing channels vs. Internal facing channels under a Team would help out along with the other suggestions here to add a statement identifying which channel you are posting too.

• Ryab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yammer does a great job of this, even placing a "Your reply will be visible to people outside your network." beneath every reply box that you would type into.

• Brandon Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally, Teams should handle groups with guests the same way Yammer does. Yammer makes it incredibly obvious that a group you're working in has guests in it, and it's labeled as such in the name, comment field, header, etc.

• morgz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea, maybe a way to "post Internally" verse to "Everyone" in the team

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the banner be a notification requiring the user to acknowledge and continue or cancel?

Feedback and Knowledge Base