How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

When joining a Teams meeting, allow Teams to call you on an external line.

When joining Skype meetings, I am always prompted to either join the meeting audio via the computer (my headset plugged into my laptop) or to have Skype call me at another number. This feature is critical to me working efficiently as I prefer to use my wireless headset on my office line, or my mobile phone if i know if need to step awy from my caomputer during a call/meeting.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tracy Cybuch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wendy Gramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option is there, but it's hidden. You have to click the tiny "i" inside of a circle icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Also, it also doesn't remember any numbers and it also doesn't provide you with your existing numbers from Active Directory (but Skype DOES, huge time saver).

• MarkM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus one on all the above. When mobile, it is critical that I can join meetings using my voice plan vs data. Skype mobile client has an integrated "call me" when joining meetings that I can configure. It works great. I really need this in Teams.

• Jason Darst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also would like this to be like Skype has for the mobile app. When joining on a cell phone, especially in the car, you want it to call you over an audio line instead of using a data connection as it is more reliable. Having to manually dial the phone number poses the issue of avoiding death if you're already driving and need to join a meeting.

• TF14 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar comments for the mobile Teams app. Skype for Business mobile enables Skype to call your cell phone vs. using your data plan. As Teams works today, you have to join the call over a data plan and then have Teams call you on the cell. Skype had a better integrated experience that should be brought to the Teams mobile app. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base