How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Prevent member from leaving a team

We should be able to lock Team / Office 365 group in such way that members can't leave the team.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nigel Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have created school-wide teams as a means of communication with students. These teams were not created as a class. As such, students can opt out and leave the team. We would like to be able to prevent students from leaving these teams and thus ensure communication channels are all viable.

• Mehdi Dibaji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the functionality of preventing users from leaving a specific team or at least have a default "Global" Team that all users are by default a part of. This functionality is available on Slack the "General" and "random" Channel.

The use case is:
    We would like to do our corporate communication through a global team and need to ensure everyone is on this team so they get the communication.

• Jacob Christophel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have users that don't want to be a part of a team that is mandated by my HR Director. They kept leaving, trying to prevent that.

Or allow a distribution group to be permanently added to a team, and auto sync every 15 minutes with the Azure AD Sync.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.