How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

"all monitors" desktop sharing option like Skype client

"All monitors" desktop sharing option missing from Teams

Desktop sharing in Teams includes sharing 1 monitor OR sharing 1 app... in Skype for business client there is also sharing "All Monitors". When used, a presenter with two monitors will present a view showing both monitors in one window. The viewer can see both of the presenters screens in the one window. They can view this on one monitor or stretch this window across two monitors to make it much bigger and easier to see.

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jeddy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company consists of developers and automation programmers. We cannot work efficiently without the option to share multiple screens.

We use TeamViewer to share screens to collaborate as a company. TeamViewer's software has this ability and then some. Along with being able to stretch out the screen to view both monitors, there is also an option to pop them out into their own individual monitors which was a huge deciding factor to use them.

Please add this as an option with individual monitor support.

• Scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have not used the Skype for business client, but this idea seems to be asking for a multi window/monitor feature that is the same as one of the features in the following idea, which is now on the backlog:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31661131-video-screen-size-when-sharing-screen

I would suggest that everyone who voted here go vote on 31661131... Even though it is already on the backlog, more votes might get it a higher priority and a sooner release.

• Richard Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, and allow for ADMIN access when requested. It gets old trying to provide assistance to remote workers when I cannot do things that require elevation using the tool

• Roy Haller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definately need this, Hard to have a proper conversation when you are toggling between video view and screenshare view. Should be able to split the window.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are still using the cisco-webEx beaucase of this feature. Please add this and we want to migrate to MS-Teams

• Hermo Terblanche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add multiscreen capabilities.

One big annoyance is when one user's camera is halved, especially when there are 3 other participants. It devides the screen in one half and then two quarters on the other half.

• Iain Fraser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to add my voice asking for this. As a remote worker, it really disrupts my feeling of presence to have to switch between the shared screen and the main camera all the time.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is imperative that we can use dual monitors for our video conferencing experience. We want to be able to separate out the video streaming from the presentation to fit the dual monitor or dual tv set up. We do not want to lose the face to face interaction while either location presents.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this functionality is stopping us from migrating from GoToMeeting. We cant migrate our scrum calls to this until this functionality is in place. Please Implement this ASAP.

• josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one's a no-brainer, the more options when sharing screens, the better! All monitors is particularly useful in 1-on-1 training situations. You can do it, Microsoft! 🍕🐸

• Matt Schultz [BCBSNE] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a critical line-of-business app that spans two monitors, and our customer service reps often use SfB screen sharing when they need to consult with a coworker or lead. Not having the ability to see the entire app (both monitors) in a screen sharing session will significantly impact adoption of Teams for this group of about 150 employees.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to have multiple screens presented at once limits my team's ability to work efficiently and comfortably. Please make this happen soon.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our entire organization is going to be using this tool and some areas need this functionality. PLEASE make this a usable feature!

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's mind boggling that a replacement for Skype for Business doesn't have this feature. My department's workflow is dependent on 3 screens, so having this feature would be extremely beneficial for training and problem solving.

• Krishna Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft Team - to share multiple screen is indeed a very imp. feature and I strongly vote for this to make it happen ASAP. Thanks Krishna

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base