How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add Flow Link to every message in Teams

So a quick win to allow us to do so much stuff would be to add a "Flow" link to the ... menu of every message, under edit or wherever that can be used with another flyout with the flow to select, or even a popup to select the flow.

This would open up so many opportunities allowing for us to for example. Create a flow that creates a task in Planner, or Outlook or a SharePoint list or anywhere, possibilities are endless and it would make things very customization instead of waiting on apps or other integration we can make almost anything we think of a reality with this single touch point.

This flow link would work similar to the SharePoint for selected item, and it would pass over the message metadata and text, so we could act on that message.

A flow bot would be ok, but only if it was in a private stream, otherwise bothering others in Team chats to initiate your flows isn't very intuitive and usable for thinks like creating a task etc.

In addition if it isn't already in development a trigger for new chat/team chat would be nice, but I could see this being a performance issue possibly and flow counts would add up fast, so the manual start a flow link would make more sense!

Also started a post in the community with a little more info:https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/User-Voice-Add-Flow-to-chat-conversation-reply-menu/m-p/204137#M14622

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Webb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tate Forgey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a fantastic idea. I was looking for something just like this to make sure we surface tasks buried in other types of conversation posts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.