How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

360 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

50 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Angela Moczan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! It helps with organization and the ability to communication more efficiently. We should be able to eliminate the "Favorites" group, if desired.

• John Borgne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to create a few groups and have more than 15 people as we stuck with in "pin" now. Moving to Teams from Skype for Business, you lose this type of feature...as many others state...in a business environment this is really needed if you want users to migrate to Teams.

• Bruce Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting contact lists and contact groups should have been a supported feature from day one! Please add this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have thought ability to auto alpha in Contacts was already available. Please add this functionality.

• Rick Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very surprised to see that this functionality does not exist. As my organization moves to O365, I would view this as a required feature. Users can do it today using Skype, so it HAS to be a feature of Teams. PLEASE ADD THIS!

• David Schlicht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow organizing and stop changing it every time you get back into it. Leave the ones collapsed that I have collapsed.

• Paul France commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree strongly that stopping auto-expanding of groups is a must, as well as reordering the groups with drag-and-drop. Currently it seems very random. The order of groups is different each time I open the app. I've tried renaming the groups by putting 01_, 02_, 03_ etc at the start of the name but this doesn't work.

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to filter contacts and groups. So filter by availability etc.

• John Blasko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on the following
    Stop auto-expanding groups
    Support reordering the groups with drag-and-drop as supported in S4B

Per many of the comments already mentioned, Contact Groups in Teams does not have the same functionality as Skype for Biz. Should be able to right click a group name and send a message to the group! Seems the only purpose of Contact groups in Teams is for DISPLAY only in an organized fashion.

• Kerrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rearranging Groups based on user preference would be extremely helpful. As it currently stands, the automatic alphabetical order requires the user to be creative in naming the Groups by using additional characters (numbers/asterisks/extra letters) to achieve the desired order.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad this feature exists as I just found it now. However, some updates are needed:
    -Making the lists all expand every time I go to the Chat tab is really annoying. I'd prefer that they all minimize over all expanding since expanding causes them to go off the screen.
    -Being able to rearrange the groups would be great too whether a simple Drag & Drop or the up/down arrows to click. Anything would be helpful.
    -Also need to be able to add multiple people to a group like I can add multiple people to a chat. Currently I can only add one at a time.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This^^ so much. We will be migrating from SfB to Teams so I started checking it out and this is pain **********. Also groups do not remember their expansion status when switching tabs.

drag and drop is basic feature thats should be in every modern app.

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This^^ so much. We will be migrating from SfB to Teams so I started checking it out and this is pain **********. Also groups do not remember their expansion status when switching tabs.

drag and drop is basic feature thats should be in every modern app.

• Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Argh. Yet another thing that Skype For Business does and Teams doesn't have yet. We're looking at transitioning and I keep feeling like while Teams is better at a lot of things, SfB is still better as a chat/phone client.

Stopping auto-expanding of groups is a must, as well as reordering the groups with drag-and-drop

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base