How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

193 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andreas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to re-order groups, including Favorites (or allow for renaming of Favorites), drag and group from one group to another and maintain collapse / expand settings across devices so that once I set a group to collapsed, it stays that way until I change it. Changing to the "Recent" tab should not reset the collapse / expand on the "Contacts" tab.

Skype allows you to show your available contacts first - I would like Teams to have this functionality.

Also - please add ability to collapse some of the groups and not have to do it each time you go to the contacts list. Ability to organize the groups and leave them expanded or collapsed was lost and that's unfortunate.

Why is it that in the transition from SFB to Teams, functionality around contacts was lost? For example: I cannot move a contact from one group to another. This seams like a fundamental user scenario that was missed.

• Vickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of people I "chat" with but have a hard time finding someone I chatted with a week or so ago. Would be very helpful to be able to sort by names.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Sorting by Availability like in Skype for Business. Thanks

Being able to add contact groups within Chat is a must. It is available in Skype, how did it not get brought into Teams?

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if they've done an update, but my contacts list is at least now alphabetical. :/ Did something happen?

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do SOMETHING to help organize these lists. Alphabetical sort would be bare minimum (and default, I would think). Drag and drop would be even better. I guess our Skype contacts haven't been migrated over yet, but even with the handful I've manually added to groups, it's frustrating to scan quickly and find the person I'm looking for.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact groups and their members are static and sorted by when they are added. This does not make Teams feel like a mature product.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like favorites to be optional. I don't need a favorites category. The option to remove the Favorites, and options to re-order the contacts. I love options.

• Dan Kellett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even Alphabetical order would be an improvement. Its really hard to scan the list and find anyone in its current state.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base