How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

206 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pierre Trudel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Support for meetings on IE, Safari and Firefox browsers is being worked on and is internal testing. We will keep you posted as we progress. Thanks!"

What about the browser with the largest number of users...Chrome?
    Surely if Edge is moving to Chromium based then you'll need that working too.

• Michael Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys. Serious?
    IE, Safari and Firefox. And the other one?
    That unimportant app with > 65% market share? That fancy google-thing ...
    Did you ever read some browser statistics?
    You guys are like kids they're told to clean up rooms and after month they come to their parent with a bright smile in their face and tell them: "Today, I will clean up my - penilcase"
    Guys - make this issue run on chrome and linux!
    And skip every investment in IE.

• Mike Bailoux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that every browser needs to be supported. I would expect attendees to have the option of using their preferred browser, and I would not expect them to have to install an app to bypass that limitation.
    Until this addressed, I can't see us migrating from Skype For Business.

• Jon Vassar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is truly needed for meeting with non-staff. Having a zero-installation setup will make Teams more valuable as a choice than Webex or Zoom for all meetings.
    Not to mention the ability to use Chromebooks, Mac (without admin rights), and other Linux distros.
    Love Teams, but these points have been pains on many an occasion, especially when an outside vendor wishes to present to our Teams rooms.

• Jesper Sommer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of video support in browsers, and especially on Linux since there is no rich-client there, is becoming a real problem. Microsoft supposedly loves Linux, but proper tools for collaboration with Linux geek and devs continues to be a problem. To integrate Linux geeks into a Microsoft Partner eco system, to work on our modern-cloud Azure projects, we need tools they can use on their non-Windows Desktops. We haven't heard anything in years.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Teams Meetings in Edge and Chrome. With this recent release you are now able to join a meeting from Edge with audio, video and incoming screen share. If you are joining from Chrome, you can join a meeting with audio and incoming screen share - joining with video via Chrome will be coming soon."

Teams blog, January 2018

Please give us an update

• Rene Steen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have created a chrome extension that enables the calling function for MS Teams.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enable-teams-calling/ifgnnjhhfdpjpjokajkolhioakajhidc

Basically it sets a value in the settings that enables this function:
    angular.element(document).injector().get('callingSupportService').oneOnOneCallingEnabled = true
    angular.element(document).injector().get('settingsService').appConfig.enableCallingChromeOneOnOne = true

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, UK EDU O365 tenant here having to stay with other providers until this becomes a reality.

We would appreciate if you can include audio/video calls along with desktop sharing at the earliest and it should also support on all standard browsers.

Works fine on Edge, but unavailable (greyed out) on other browsers. When changing User-Agent in Chrome to Edge it is also working fine in Chrome. Please Microsoft, start supporting Chrome and other browsers!

• Michal Kups commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're a large organization with 9K+ users of Office365/Azure services and SfB/Teams are essential to us.
    We'd like to make a full transition to Microsoft Teams as soon as possible, but the lack of in-browser support for Audio/Video/PSTN is a major roadblock for us.
    We operate a diverse environment with a variety of devices and requirements. Being able to deliver the full-feature experience in the browser would greatly help to drive the adoption of Teams.

Given the recently announced plan to rebuild Edge using Chromium as a base, I would image this is already in the works!

Please consider adding Audio/Video/PSTN support for major browsers.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run RDS environments and the fat client gives us too much grief so we need to use the web client. However, Server 2016 doesn't have Edge browser so we have no video.
    I've started recommending clients look at non-MS collaboration tools because MS simply can't get their act together.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.