How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

User Staus / Presence Information in Outlook

So, I am coming at this from a different angle then most. We are a former IBM Notes / Domino shop and we are migrating to Office 365. We currently use Lotus Sametime, which integrates remarkably well with Notes. Specifically in the folders and views of the user's mail. An example would be that when glancing at the Inbox, you can see right there what the status is of the person who sent you e-mail because the presence information for that user is displayed as an icon next to their name.

So what I am proposing is that Teams and Outlook do something similar. I should be able to open my mail and from the list of messages in my Inbox, I should be able to see the presence / status of the persons who sent me e-mail right next to their names.

I can also hover of the senders name and get other information and the option to start a chat with the user when I right click on the message.

I accept that some of this would have to be done by the Outlook team, but I wanted to also submit this as an integration request for Teams.

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Wessels shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We rely on this feature heavily today with Outlook and S4B and would love to see this functionality incorporated into Outlook as well.

Today when myself among many others receives a couple emails in a row from a person, I can see they are green and quickly move the conversation to a chat, saving yet another email.

I agree not sure where this integration would ultimately fall on, the Teams or the Outlook team to integrate this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.