How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Clear local cache button

Teams has a bunch of difference local caches and temp files that just continually grow forever in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. It would be great to have a button that would wipe out all the local cache and temp files in this folder. Doing it manually has a very noticeable performance gain throughout teams.

As it stands, I'm going to write a powershell script to run on all the workstations I manage periodically to close teams and clean this up as a refresh of teams.

49 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gregory Markow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran into an issue. I was unable to see the 'Blue my background" option, nor were we seeing someone's phone number after an Azure AD synch. I even downloaded a new client.

Until... I logged off and logged back on with the same credentials!

Either Teams should automatically clear the Team cache, or there should be an option to do so.

This would be a real issue for 50,000 users!

• Gareth Ablett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also we recently had someone get married and only after clearing my cache manually does there name change in Teams, i don't want to do this to everyones machine in the company.

Either a button on better cacheing system completly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to add my upvote in request of this facility because we have a limited amount of team and Microsoft teams are already taking a whopping 350 Mb in the main RAM!

• LutzHH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem should be taking at the root: Why do we need to clear a cache manually? We are having problems with people who are just not seeing some of the entries in a channel. Clearing the cache helps but this should NEVER be needed.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be better to set the maximum size of the cache, and have Teams itself clear up older content.

Teams should also cache messages locally so that they don't take ages to load.

Feedback and Knowledge Base