Block specific phone numbers.
Block specific phone numbers.
The feature team is investigating how we can build this in the Teams admin center.
Doug Masters commented
Microsoft had published this info on docs in May of 2018 but then pulled it. However the cmdlets still work in my tenant. It works with both calling plans or direct routing.
Call Blocking PowerShell Commands
InboundBlockedNumberPattern Number patterns are managed via the CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern commands New, Get, Set, and Remove.
You can manage a given pattern by using these cmdlets, including the ability to toggle the activation of a given pattern.
• Get-CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern Returns a list of all blocked number patterns added to the tenant list including Name, Description, Enabled (True/False), and Pattern for each.
• New-CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern Adds a blocked number pattern to the tenant list.
• Remove-CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern Removes a blocked number pattern from the tenant list.
• Set-CsInboundBlockedNumberPattern Modifies one or more parameters of a blocked number pattern in the tenant list.
• TenantBlockedCallingNumbers The viewing and activation of the entire call blocking feature is managed via the CsTenantBlockingCallingNumbers commands Get and Set.
• Get-CsTenantBlockedCallingNumbers Returns the parameters for the global blocked number list including Enabled (True/False). There is a single global tenant policy that cannot be modified manually other than to turn the feature completely on/off.
• Set-CsTenantBlockedCallingNumbers Allows modifying the global tenant blocked calls to be turned on/off at the tenant level.
adding your number to the Gov Do Not Call List helps some, but not entirely.
As soon as I listed this phone number it stopped, and this number started calling 1-903-471-1175.
I have had 75 calls in a row from State Farm Insurance, the call in stuck in a shotgun style rotation. As soon as I answer the call, it hangs up and instantly redials. The only way to get out of this loop is to close the program, and restart it.
My company just switched to using Teams, but if this keeps up we will not stick with it.
This is horrible, just restarted the program, only to come back to the same number calling me. 855-231-1590 is the State Farm Claims line.
Please list a way to block numbers.
We are getting bombarded with spam calls. We need a solution. Microsoft O365 has been horrible for the 2018 year with major outages and no way to block spam calls? Come on.
Joe Aldeguer commented
Totally agree with the other comments if this is meant to replace other enterprise VOIP providers there should be an option to block calls.
To whom it may concern,
The fact that Microsoft Teams Development department would roll out a service that 'totes' being referred to as a solution to providing VOIP without the ability to quickly and conveniently 'block' callers that are either telemarketing or simply dead air calls is simply ludicrous.
There may be some bugs that would be anticipated in rolling out a VOIP service with the feature not working exactly as expected, but to simply not have the feature even appear in the 'Settings' profile of the Teams user section, nor in the 'Calls' section of listed numbers in the history with the ability to simply 'block' is also very frustrating.
We receive a number of telemarketers calling our main line and with no option to block them, we are giving very serious thought to porting our number back to our original Telco for the interim. Seriously, there are other obvious features missing in Teams (unable to delete chat history to mention just one very annoying aspect).
The old phrase 'Pick up your bootstraps' seems appropriate for this situation. It is so clearly a required feature that seems to be a basic one for every other phone service on the market. You would think with all the resources available to Microsoft that this would be a 'no brain'r'.
It would be impressive if Microsoft took some of the comments posted here seriously, but it would be debatable.
Learn from your contributing posts and make the world better!
I was spammed by phone numbers that were appearing to come through Teams. Now I don't know who is calling from WGU.