How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Customize Applications within Sidebar (Drag-and-Drop)

I'd like the ability to have full control over how the sidebar is organized. Currently, you have to click the 3 ellipses to view any connected apps as well as access them. Maybe have the list scrollable or drag-and-drop the applications into any order and snap into place. Maybe integrate the ability to unlock and lock the sidebar view so you don't accidentally reorganize the app list unintentionally.

155 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Justin Martinez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Misael del Río commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone,

Your Office 365 admin can customize the sidebar for the entire organization. He/she logs in the admin panel, then go to Teams settings, the app settings and there it can be done.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. It would be so good to be able to add most used apps on to the side bar, either as favourites or drag and drop order. I can't believe this functionality isn't already there!

This would be so helpful to be able to organize these. This is a must have for the future. Planner is a common one that would be so helpful in the left side bar.

So much space on the sidebar. We only need to have something like "Pin app to sidebar", when we right-klick on it. Not only deinstallation.

Would be awesome to have the planner there!

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I use Planner for work all the time and it is frustrating that I can't move it to the sidebar instead of Files or something else I don't use.

• MrLatepass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature
    We are now using shifts which will make it easier if my employees can simply click shifts and see who is on call etc

I would really like to add a planner that defaults to "My Tasks" on the sidebar. That quick connection would increase my productivity as I can see what I need to do with one click. I would also like that page to keep the last setting for filtering.

• Becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I pin what I want on the sidebar? This is ridiculous!

This would be very useful and appears to be a straightforward request especially when certain apps are more useful than others depending on the user.
    1. Enable the apps from the More Apps (ellipsis) menu to be added to the sidebar
    (currently you can only Block or Uninstall, perhaps add a Favorite option)
    2. Enable drag & drop of apps in the sidebar

MSFT - Please combine with https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34090711-customize-sidebar

• Justin Schieck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been looked at, at all? My team would really appriciate this feature as the elipsis is annoying to have a long list under if we can have our apps available one the main screen.

• Justin Klutka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would make sense to allow organizations to have the ability to set a default sidebar for the organization. However, a great starting point would be allowing end-users to pin whatever they use most frequently to the sidebar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.