How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Create teams meeting from calendar using OWA

When using calendar on OWA, there is no way to create a Microsoft Teams meeting. You need to create it from Microsoft Teams instead.

Please add the functionality to create a meeting from Calendar using OWA

214 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aaron Hatton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The OWA team has added a “Teams meeting” toggle in the new meeting item, as a preview feature. If you’d like to try it out, please turn on ""the new Outlook" toggle in the upper right corner. We’ll set this to completed once it’s fully released by the OWA team.

Thanks!

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh, but the "New Outlook" is hideous and is filled with bugs and missing functions. Can we just stick with old outlook UX and include these functions?!

• a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didnt find “Add online meeting” in Outlook for mac ( 16.22 (190211)).
    Is this feature coming soon ?

• Owen Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to emphasize, this is getting unbearable. We have a lot of mixed remove/on-prem meetings, and we do everything on Teams; as a result 100% of meeting invites need a first-class Teams meeting embedded in them. However, the Teams calendar view doesn't support a bunch of important things, like inviting mailing lists, or room resources.

PLEASE just add a checkbox that says "create Teams meeting" to the OWA meeting creation form.

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is available if you have "The new Outlook" enabled. Once done, you make a meeting a Teams meeting via a selection under "Add online meeting".

Microsoft Admin: Please set status to let people know this is available right now (as of Dec 2018, I think).

This terrible issue confuses all of our users. They are told to use Teams only (even the toggle in the admin panel is set to Teams) but most of our users user Outlook Online (OWA) and each time they create a meeting invite only the Skype For business button is shown... Please fix and allow the add-in for outlook to also work for OWA.

another person begging you to add this!! I can't add outlook to my phone...so the only way to access my calendar via mobile is online...but then I can't schedule teams meetings easily. This is a huge pain in the butt. Please fix!

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please continue working on this feature, as many of our internal clients utilize the outlook owa and teams and it would help their work flow.

• Chad Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would personally like this feature as well. I prefer OWA because it has "pins" and "likes", which the desktop Outlook client doesn't have at this time.

I would also prefer to use Teams. While OWA has an "Add Skype meeting" button, it does not appear to have an "Add Teams meeting" button. Yet, the Outlook desktop client does have a button for "Teams".

• Walter Lachack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status, we would like to move our Org to Team, but we have about 30% of out users using OWA and does not have this feature.

Come on, let’s have a 365 suite which is actually integrated - otherwise there is no point in joining the cloud

This is an express inconvenience as Skype for Business did this quite easily! Please add this feature.

Can't agree more with previous comments. Hoping for a release of this sooner than later!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base