How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

338 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gabrielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the addition of features available in Teams, it's quite frustrating that we can't chat while also working on documents or other apps available in Teams

• Kevin Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could also translate to having two 'tabs' open. I would like to keep the Meetings / Agenda tab open while also chatting, and even reviewing a teams Wiki file. Three tabs I would stack vertically an on a monitor rotated vertically.

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would save my life, i have to be closing documents so I can go check another channel, then go back to my document! It's driving me crazy

• Garrett Fuller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Multiple instances of a program is a basic feature today.

I want to edit the wiki for my Team while pulling things from the Team Chat.

Without two windows or frames, it's difficult to organize the info provided in the chat into the wiki. Which is sad.

I will see if I can open teams in a browser to accomplish this.

• Craig Yappert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So new here .. while I like the idea .. I just use multiple browser tabs. In fact the way I do it is start a new Browser window just for Teams and populate different channels and teams into each tab.

It's not perfect .. but tabs have the channel name in them so I can distinguish which is which.

I can then pin the tabs so that on restart they all just populate

• Craig Yappert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So new here .. while I like the idea .. I just use multiple browser tabs. In fact the way I do it is start a new Browser window just for Teams and populate different channels and teams into each tab.

It's not perfect .. but tabs have the channel name in them so I can distinguish which is which.

• Joe Burling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an "open issue/known issue" for a long time folks. I am unfortunately at the mercy of the enterprise sourcing department for tooling decisions like this, but with this kind of response time on pretty basic features, if I had my way, I would buy a different product.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is _unbelievable_ that I can't have two different Teams wiki pages open at the same time.

Are we going backwards to the late 1980s?

• Helle Hagen Rasmussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely agree, without this functionality i will not recommend my users to use the Chat functionality at all yet, and potentially not the Meetings either. Otherwise it cannot be used for multitasking as we do all the time in a workday.

I don't know exactly what this looks like as an interface, but it would definitely be nice. Have to somehow find that happy place of "everything in one place!" and "can view more than one piece of that data at a time!"

I am basically using Teams as my launcher, but from there I still actually open Planner and open all my documents so that I can see them all at once.

• a commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some other scenarios I've run into with wanting multiple windows:
    1) When in a team meeting, sometimes you want to multitask, but still be in the meeting. I'd like to be able to move the meeting into a separate window, and then use the main window to work on documents, etc.
    2) When you get a chat message, it would be good to pull those out into a window so you can use teams to look up information, etc. Currently, you have to jump back and forth between a chat and teams content which is inefficient.

The inability to have multiple windows, tabs, or instances of Teams open where I can work in a team activity, chat, schedule meetings, and call without leaving one function to do another is decreasing my productivity and increasing my daily frustration. This functionality is an absolute must.

• Amy Meehan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without being able to open more then one window at a time, Teams is unusable to me.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.