How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Status

As soon as I start Teams I put my status to not available. Please make it possible to define that as my default status so that I don't need to put it to not available every day and every time I re-start the system. Thanks in advance.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree.
    I hate that any time I open Teams, I am shown as "available".
    I am not! I am usually busy doing other stuff, just checking Teams in between.
    (Same goes for Skype for Business: Just because I check or reply to messages does not mean I am suddenly "available"). I want my status remain what I set it to (busy, away, or maybe even "show as offline").
    There should be an option to set default availabilty (on start-up, on getting focus) to a fixed value or to "just leave it as it was".

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As for all settings, this should be configurable globally, per-channel and per-user.

So, for example, you can be generally not available, except on the "Emergencies" channel or if the CEO wants you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.