How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add 'older' or 'history' filter/drop-down to Teams chat

The Teams chat section currently has 'Favourites' and 'Recent' sections/drop-downs in chat. A drop down named 'older' or 'history'chats would be useful (see attached mock-up).

I understand that I can search for older chats but the ability to browse them, sorted by last modified, would be great.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lea Hannola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Teams you have to remember with whom have you had conversations with and did you have it together or was there more people than you two. Teams finds all your conversations if you remember exactly with whom have you been contact in. If you don't remember that "Maija" was in that same conversation than "Liisa and you", you are in "trouble".

Please, let me decide how long I save my conversations like I can do in Skype for business and Outlook at this moment.
    I don't need organisation to make that kind of decision. Conversations are not part of any Team - theese are simply very important part of my work.

• Esko Laiho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would really be appreciated, because in our organization old Skype for Business chats are stored in a neat list in Outlook. Having the same feature in Teams would be great!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams has the potential to lift emails from the email intray; but the short list of recent chats is an impediment. You'd want to be able to quickly find an older discussion w/o having to search for it first.

Feedback and Knowledge Base