How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

93 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AniRu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump. Please have this fixed. It's almost like the person is bragging how they are out of office enjoying the vacation while we are stuck in the office starring at a wall.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the OOO warning should appear once per day -- just like email -- and then any time you try to mention them by typing "@SoAndSo".

Anything else is just too much.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? We have switched to Teams recently as well and with a huge portion of my department staff being trainers they are OOO a lot but still using teams... We all get this notification and it will not go away.

• max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am also annoyed by this popup. not sure why it never dies even after i click the x to remove it? i know brent is OOO. please stop telling me. he's out for the next 2 weeks. everyone is aware.

• Tina R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This pop up is so annoying :-(

It could be ok if it did not come back after you have closed it, but I would prefer to be able to choose if I want to get the pop via the user settings.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this annoyance with a passion, but love the responses on this thread! Come on MS. This is ridiculous. Get your core chat features nailed down before introducing BS like this. Think "search within group/conversation" and/or "message self"

Where do I start?!?! This app is the most horrible app ever. The whole Teams thing is bad enough. The 20 participant limit in a chat group, you can't Control+F to find something in a current chat thread, you can't copy a message or selection to quote in your reply in chat, and now this latest annoyance of the OOO message every single time I go to the app (which we use all day long as most of us are remote). We are 3 days in & I want to put a fork in my eye over this app! Unfortunately it is not my decision to use it, nor was it my decision to switch from skype (SO MUCH BETTER). I HATE THIS APP and everything about it. But please fix this **** OOO message. Seriously MS, we expected so much better from you!!!

• annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has to be in the top 3 most annoying things to happen in a software application.

• Alyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello I have been stuck "Out of Office" for the past week. Nothing is in my calendar, I feel like I have tried everything.

Please someone help me! Even my IT department does not know how to fix it.

Guys, I know that Jose is out of office but you don't have to remind that me every minute.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Annoying, bothersome, and downright disturbing that this hasn't been made an issue sooner.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base