How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

442 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Per Martinsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request just came up today from our Facilities team. Much needed feature!! Rits, how did you mange this in SharePoint? I downloaded the SharePoint IOS app, but can't seem to connect the iOS photo app to the SharePoint app.

• Rits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only workaround I have found is going into Sharepont and uploading it to the correct folder there. It’s a pretty big productivity hit to have to do that, unfortunately. Limitations in the iOS Teams app, such as the one in this request, amongst others (not being able to edit Wikis, etc.) is only bound to become more problematic as people migrate from laptops to iPad Pros.

Not being able to upload files .... in files area using the Teams app on Android phone!

Really?!? Has to be an admin setting somewhere?
    If not..., I have no words :(

Another vote for this. Just moved to 12 inch iPad as my main machine and will have to move my whole team away from the teams app to something else if I can’t get this working very soon..

• Michael Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND, be able to create new folders using the iOS app! Basically provide same functionality related to the "Files" section of a Team on the iOS app as you do in the Windows application. Thanks!

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a field service organization who are in the field with mobile devices such as phones and tablets it is horrible not to have an upload functionality.
    Slack does!!!!!!

Adding the functionality to upload files would complete the application.

• David Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need this. Went to use the teams app today to add some pictures I had taken of a project and was gobsmacked not to see the + icon in the corner of the files window.

Just want to add to the amount of people that find it baffling that this function does not exist. I hope it is on the top of your back log. Here is a user story for you:

When I have a workshop I want to capture pictures and whiteboard notes and upload it to a specific team folder so that I can share it with my decentralised team in an orderly fashion.

this really limits the use of Teams in the field for us. 12" ipads are becoming very common and useful tools in the field. but this breaks the whole workflow.
    is there any workaround? You can install the sharepoint app, and it seems like it will do it, but does not seem to actually work.

This can be done via SharePoint and OneDrive apps right now, but is crazy inefficient for adding files to a Teams folder when on the go... Get on with it Microsoft... This can't be what you had in mind?

This is a function that is fundamental to efficient working. Without the ability to file correctly I might have to go back to google drive.

completely agree. this is a significant limitation. it should be there. makes it very difficult to work any files. i really can't believe this does not already exist.

Agree! It’s so annoying as we’ve just switched to OneDrive and Teams in school from Google Drive. Really need an upload button. Please fix this, thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.