How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

442 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Per Martinsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe there is only 247 people asking for this, seems to be an essential feature with the emphasis on a delightful mobile experience these days. Similar functionality as attaching a file to a conversation just uploading to files.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came across this issue myself. Surely when sitting down to list the features you’d need to be able to do on Teams, uploading a file to a folder should be top of the list ... surely :0

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! We upload hundreds of photos each week. Our old cloud service iOS app had the possibility to upload photos to selected folders but Teams doesn't. Want it bad!!

apologies if it has already been suggested but you can achieve this by using the OneDrive for IOS app which can be used to load files directory into the teams files directory. I agree it would be better to keep in the teams app though

I don't think this is just iOS? I can't seem to do it on Windows desktop app or on the website. When uploading a file as an attachment to a conversation it does not give me any choice of where to upload it, it just uploads it to the root. Am I missing something, or is this not possible yet?

Obviously I know I could go to the Files tab or to the document library in SharePoint and upload the file where I want it before starting a conversation but this is inefficient and many users won't bother, leading to an inevitably chaotic library of unorganised files all directly in the root folder.

That is really a key feature - does microsoft want to “force” us to use Windows-based tablets? Teams of limited use on ios currently

• Francesc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams on iOS devices should have/offer the same functionalities/features as on MAC OS. Otherwise my company will switch to Quip or other collaborative platforms very soon.

• Wouter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I initially created a PowerApp that does status updates and can load photos into a sharepoint library - but it's a lot of work and customization. I was looking to leverage the advancements of teams here - but was disappointed to learn I could not load files/photos into the channel file folder... it's a must have feature if Microsoft wants us to abandon other tools already in the market.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Required functionality for the mobile client. Also can someone change the TAG of this idea to MOBILE instead of FILES? Perhaps I will get more attention then because the idea's under Files are more popular and desktop related.

• Collin Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to make Teams as functional on iPad as it is on a computer. It’s a great app, but needs more functionality.

• Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found out this was a missing feature in the iOS app, very sad right now...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.