How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

442 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Per Martinsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not already a standard feature!! MS are you listening to all the comments and requests - this runs the risk of invalidating the user case for teams in its entirety. Please can this be prioritised. Apparently there is a work around to do it via web browser but I’ve tried Safari, and Chrome and both case told my browser is not supported?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!

It is tideous to share several pictures by going on the attache=> select way if you can only select one at a time (we have cases with 10-20 pictures at once...)

and when you select several pictures from your galery and send them via Teams, they are not stored in the channels folder...

That is incredibly annoying and preventing a lot of grate use cases and making mobile work, for which the app is perfectly fine otherwise, very time-consuming.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company has just started trialing this app for android and windows. I use my own iPad for work and i cannot upload any files to the team i am a member off. We used OneDrive before and it was simple. Unfortunately files disappeared from account to account. There’s no files app integration at all.

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Just held a workshop and wanted to quickly upload several pictures to the team app. Frustrating.

• Erwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed very frustrating that this does not work. This will stop it from being accepted from an End-User perspective .

So much awaited feature. It would help using the app on the go, downloading files directly to needed location. Currently you drop them into conversation first, then you use your laptop to sort them out per folders. Time wasted a lot.

ummm, yes what the ****. You can't upload a file to the files tab from a mobile device??! Ever heard of mobile first?

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just went into oneDrive on iPad, select Library and went to my Team folder. All file operations available in OneDrive. Good to go.

• Tech_2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeh...unsure as to why the mobile app lacks. It should have been there. I have to do the workaround which is upload using onedrive.

Do you have an ETA of when this will be available, my colleagues works on the road and it would very helpfull that they can upload file or picture in a folder in the files section?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.