How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

415 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Per Martinsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed very frustrating that this does not work. This will stop it from being accepted from an End-User perspective .

• Tom Redhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone else think this is one of the simplest things that should already exist? Frustrated....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much awaited feature. It would help using the app on the go, downloading files directly to needed location. Currently you drop them into conversation first, then you use your laptop to sort them out per folders. Time wasted a lot.

ummm, yes what the ****. You can't upload a file to the files tab from a mobile device??! Ever heard of mobile first?

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just went into oneDrive on iPad, select Library and went to my Team folder. All file operations available in OneDrive. Good to go.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this feature is needed urgently to make Teams on iPad viable.

• Tech_2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeh...unsure as to why the mobile app lacks. It should have been there. I have to do the workaround which is upload using onedrive.

Do you have an ETA of when this will be available, my colleagues works on the road and it would very helpfull that they can upload file or picture in a folder in the files section?

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe there is only 247 people asking for this, seems to be an essential feature with the emphasis on a delightful mobile experience these days. Similar functionality as attaching a file to a conversation just uploading to files.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base