How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

173 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Per Martinsson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

apologies if it has already been suggested but you can achieve this by using the OneDrive for IOS app which can be used to load files directory into the teams files directory. I agree it would be better to keep in the teams app though

I don't think this is just iOS? I can't seem to do it on Windows desktop app or on the website. When uploading a file as an attachment to a conversation it does not give me any choice of where to upload it, it just uploads it to the root. Am I missing something, or is this not possible yet?

Obviously I know I could go to the Files tab or to the document library in SharePoint and upload the file where I want it before starting a conversation but this is inefficient and many users won't bother, leading to an inevitably chaotic library of unorganised files all directly in the root folder.

That is really a key feature - does microsoft want to “force” us to use Windows-based tablets? Teams of limited use on ios currently

• Francesc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams on iOS devices should have/offer the same functionalities/features as on MAC OS. Otherwise my company will switch to Quip or other collaborative platforms very soon.

• Wouter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I initially created a PowerApp that does status updates and can load photos into a sharepoint library - but it's a lot of work and customization. I was looking to leverage the advancements of teams here - but was disappointed to learn I could not load files/photos into the channel file folder... it's a must have feature if Microsoft wants us to abandon other tools already in the market.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Required functionality for the mobile client. Also can someone change the TAG of this idea to MOBILE instead of FILES? Perhaps I will get more attention then because the idea's under Files are more popular and desktop related.

• Christiaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s A plus one from me, couldn’t understand what this essential feature was missing

• Collin Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice to make Teams as functional on iPad as it is on a computer. It’s a great app, but needs more functionality.

• Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found out this was a missing feature in the iOS app, very sad right now...

This request just came up today from our Facilities team. Much needed feature!! Rits, how did you mange this in SharePoint? I downloaded the SharePoint IOS app, but can't seem to connect the iOS photo app to the SharePoint app.

• Rits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only workaround I have found is going into Sharepont and uploading it to the correct folder there. It’s a pretty big productivity hit to have to do that, unfortunately. Limitations in the iOS Teams app, such as the one in this request, amongst others (not being able to edit Wikis, etc.) is only bound to become more problematic as people migrate from laptops to iPad Pros.

Not being able to upload files .... in files area using the Teams app on Android phone!

Really?!? Has to be an admin setting somewhere?
        If not..., I have no words :(

Another vote for this. Just moved to 12 inch iPad as my main machine and will have to move my whole team away from the teams app to something else if I can’t get this working very soon..

• Michael Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND, be able to create new folders using the iOS app! Basically provide same functionality related to the "Files" section of a Team on the iOS app as you do in the Windows application. Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base