Ability to set multiple user roles / tags
Add an ability for team admin/owner to assign one or more "roles" to team members.
E.g. User1 will have role1, role2, role3
User2 will have role2, role4
In a channel, I can @role2 and all users with that role tag will be notified.
In addition to setting roles, the admin can also set channel permissions depending on the role.
E.g. channel1 is only read-access to role1 and role2 (they cannot post)
channel2 is full access to role1, read-access to role3
Hint: Similar to Discord :D
Absolutely agree. It would be incredibly useful if I could set up roles such as *Database Team*, *UI Team*, etc. so that if I need to ping them, I just enter "@UI Team" instead of having to type out every corresponding team member's name.
Totally agree : Private channels feature is a full disappointment !
My point of view on the need :
- Free to create role in a Teams ~= free to create a group in the federated Teams directory.
Each members of this role groups will be a member of the associated O365 group.
- Capacity to define more granulary permissions on the Teams for each Teams role (change logo, change teams name, etc ...)
- Each Teams role = A sharepoint group on the associated Sharepoint site and capacity to define permissions on site contents for each Teams role (particularly for O365 Owners, actually, it's not possible to remove full control permission to an 0365 group Owner).
- O365 group owner doesn't have to be Admin on sharepoint site by default. IT have to be able to lock owners to change SP structure defined.
- Teams / Organisation administrators can set configuration without to become a Teams Owners.
Note : The main interest for end users to be Teams owners is to manage members. But this role give too many permissions on Sharepoint site and IT that want to lock a structure of content are unarmed.
All this can be a starting point.
This! there is no reason i need to make a million teams for small projects, when i can have an entire division of workers in one team, and divide them up into roles, for different channels.