How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

remote control uac

We're using Teams for chat and video meetings, but would like to use the screen sharing and remote control for troubleshooting and suppport requests. However, Windows does not pass UAC prompts through the Teams screen sharing.

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What next Microsoft? UAC to attach a photo in Word? Absolutely, ridiculous that we have to request this as a feature.

• Brent Wegener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been voted up more?

UAC/prompt for elevated credentials displays, does not dim screen, however we are unable to enter our creds or click.

Only leaving this comment to reinforce the obvious, in hopes this will be fixed ASAP.
    This has the ability to replace LogMeIn, TeamViewer, etc and own support desk operations if this hurdle were jumped.

• RTM23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have experienced the same issue. When the UAC prompt appeared, the screen went black and i could not see anything. Not a good start to an awesome application.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our service desk primarily interacts with our customers through skype, so they are preprogrammed to share their screen via teams/skpye before i can stop them and use a better tool like MSRA.

having the ability o do basic troubleshooting that requires elevation would make life so much easier - many users don't understand why i am telling them they need to connect with a different service...

• Joe10022 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding the comment on lowering the UAC level, when I used an Azure admin account this was the behavior:

In testing Teams, when I use an admin account for screen sharing, the user's screen view does not go black. I can see their desktop and the UAC prompt but the mouse and keyboard control becomes unavailable even when the user gives control.

• Joe10022 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to run Teams as a service with admin creds should be added to the functionality. With an increasing number of users working remotely the need for remote support is growing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be huge if UAC prompts were passed through Teams. IT managers would love to be able to support their team without using third party software.

• Oliver Frye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great improvement to the Teams screen sharing functionality.

IT support staff will be able to use Teams instead of a third-party software package to provide remote support to users if they were able to get past the UAC prompt without the physical user's intervention.

Many third-party screen sharing applications already support this functionality (e.g. Teamviewer, Take Control, etc) and I know for certain in our case that providing this additional functionality would allow us to use Teams exclusively and no longer have to pay for an additional subscription just to remotely support users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, this is a BASIC function in a Support Desk which is missing. Unfortunately Teams appears to have inherited this stupid limitation from Skype, which was already lame... :(

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also facing the same issue. Will this feature be allowed in future releases?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also worth pointing out: UAC seems to break the remote control functionality entirely. I had the user acknowledge the UAC prompt and afterwards I could move my mouse, but clicking and using the keyboard did noting.

Ending and resuming control did not fix it. We didn't have time to troubleshoot the issue further, so I can't say if restarting the call or Teams would've fixed it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.