How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

DO NOT DISTURB- DOESN'T WORK

Make the "Do Not Disturb" actually not disturb! I hate that I still receive notifications on my PC as well as on my phone when in DND. It doesn't even send a message to people that this person is unavailable so they can't send you a message.

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamye Newman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian Anhalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just switched from Skype to Teams (forced really), amazing Microsoft doesn't have something as simple as this working. Disappointing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, its really that simple, if you do not want to be disturbed then it means that you dont want to be disturbed. You know they could you know at least stop the loud skype call incoming and just send you a message that "a friend is trying to call you"

• Alex Carlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've also found that because DND still allows messages to come through, people keep sending messages and then call when they don't get a response. DND is not respected in the mobile client (at least that's what my user says) so the call rings through. It'd be better if DND at least informed the sender that the recipient is on DND and may not see the message.

• Serhiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually put DND when doing a screen share during meetings. MS Teams ignoring this setting is very disturbing. This is a critical issue for important business meetings.

• Bobotron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Found this page looking for an answer. When I start a Skype call and share my screen, I turn my Mac DND on, and Teams still shows notifications anyways.

• Avi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure what the point of Do Not Disturb is when I keep getting the Notifications. Please make it stop. Please.

• Alfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is infuriating. Can this please be brought to feature parity with Skype?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So-called professional package that utterly ignores all methods to show you are busy and shouldn't be disturbed. Bypasses multiple layers of Do Not Disturb, both in app and in phone. Rings no matter what. Apalling.

• Brian Rubow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my current number one issue with Teams. I finally resorted to actually logging out of Teams when I give presentations--just to avoid the interruptions/pop-ups/notifications/calls/etc.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single most annoying thing about this terrible application (along with that useless bar at the top of the screenshare). A breath of wind seems to reset your status back to available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base