How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change the colour of Teams, the default purple is deterring everyone from even trying it, and refusing to move from Slack

Basically anything but purple or variant of it
Personally i like green, but variant of blue will also do

66 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Francois Prinsloo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all hate purple, it's an unpleasant color to use constantly and this is supposed to be used all day. I would be quite happy with blue/white, similar to Skype for Business

• John C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, simple color customization would be amazing. Though, my guess is that it has ties to their overall design guidelines and won't be something you see change anytime soon.

• Ryan R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone at our company has the same feeling. We keep trying to be sold that Teams is a better solution than Slack, but no one can get past the purple color of the app.

• Maiku commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if one could customize the colors and font as they wish.
    Or at least have a theme library with more than 2 color choices.

• MG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It definitely doesn't respect the guidelines in terms of the colour scheme of the user's preferences.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft's UI guidelines say that apps should respect the color and font choices of the user, as set in the OS settings.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.