Meeting invitation customization
I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.
Jacquie E commented
Because more and more of us are using this format to connect with our patients, we need the ability to customize the standard messaging. Your own marketing messaging should be a long way from mine. I work with an elderly population and you need to make this easy for them like Zoom. They shouldn't have to worry or become stressed trying to join my telehealth session.
Kathy P. commented
I think this is important if only to set my organization's invite apart from fraudulent scam emails floating around. With customizable text, we could add special wording our constituents have been taught to look for to verify legitimacy of an invite. Sure, we could customize the footer and logo in the global meeting settings but individual Teams/channels may wish to do something higher up in the invite.
First, thank you for adding language script based on language selection in Outlook which was a much needed feature for our bilingual employees and certainly a step in the right direction. The preference would be to post it in both official languages though (English - French in our case) in the same meeting invite. I echo a comment below that the invite should be entirely customizable.
I appreciate that you tried to accommodate everyone but the invite is now very bulky with extra text, spacing etc … compared to the old one which was much cleaner looking. I would like the ability to be able to format the invite. Everyone's needs vary so making the invite entirely customizable would be the best scenario if at all possible.
I think it would be better if we can increase the size a little bit more as that is very important for company branding
We have added our logo to our Teams invites but it is being resticted to the following which is too small.
checked and confirmed that the maximum size for the logo on the meeting invite is indeed 188 x 30 pixels.
Never mind using the community test bed Microsoft, just sort it please!
I have two requests
1. prepopulate the message body with the date, time and location of the meeting. This would be very helpful. in one example,
2. move your sales link away from the meeting link. if you want to keep a sales link which I don't think you should it should be at the bottom of the email, in the footer, away from my information.
JC Dion commented
I would like to place the dial-in information as a last ditch option after the footer. "Having trouble joining with the link? You can dial-in here instead."
Would like to remove the Advertisement for Teams when I send an invite out. I'm already paying for it... yes, and remove the "Change Pin".
agree - esp need to remove the change pin which is misleading
Keith Spitz commented
In Outlook, it should be possible to easily and totally customize a Teams meeting link. Further, the add-in needs to have a preference setting for launch app or launch browser.
1. The link like all of the SharePoint links needs to have a tiny url
2. The participant has the ability to enable recording but it does not show up any where.
3. When the record meeting does work it creates a swift video with no transcript like zoom.
4. I get phantom messages from teams some times thirty minutes after the meeting that some unknow caller has joined the meeting when its not a live notification, this event actually occurred during the meeting.
5. I to find the meeting information should not have admin related options like pin reset and meeting options in the announcement. This should only be provided to the organizer of the meeting !
6. After significant googling I still am unable to create a live meeting and give public access to the meeting. The teams admin policy appears to allow this right. Microsoft Support Also does not know how to enable this basis function.
7. The Teams admin portal continually requires using the legacy portal to find or configure features not working in the Teams Admin production portal.
8. The setup and Licensing of teams to allow for conference numbers is way more complex and not well documented. The ability to switch from straight ZOOM environment is NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD. There should be a ZOMM conversion document created showing all the policy groups and lic's required to mimic a ZOOm environment.
9. The number of video participants displayed on the screen is no way as user friendly as ZOOM.
10. Should have the ability to upload a background video image.
Actually I send the meeting to a mock e-mail. Then enter in the meeting on calendar, change the name of the link and re-send to everybody I want with the text changed. I mean, there isn't any tools to change the link direct, without doing one more passage?!
Mike Yam commented
Currently in Teams admin portal > Meeting settings > Email invitation, we can configure the text to be displayed in the Footer in email invitation. However it is limited to 255 characters only.
We want to get it increased so that we can put more information such as instructions to join the meeting, best practice,etc....
Edward Lee commented
In the midst of increasing usage of Teams by first-timers, the need for more customization of the invitation is more evident than ever. It's just not clear enough. I shared my thoughts on the Microsoft Community, and it was suggested that I share it here:
I'd like to suggest that there needs to be more flexibility in customizing the content of the Teams Meeting invitation. We started just using Teams meetings a few months ago, and usage has of course ramped up since the Coronavirus pandemic. I've found a few things in the meeting invite that continually confuse folks who are less tech savvy.
First, the link to join a Teams meeting currently says "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting." I have had countless people not realize that this is actually the link to join the meeting. Modifying that to say something like "Click Here to join the Microsoft Teams meeting" would be more clear. Better yet, something like Zoom where there is a short URL making very obvious that it's a URL to be clicked.
Allow the location of the Footer text to be changed. I want to include some instruction for participants, but I want it at the top of the invitation, not at the bottom so participants see the info before they start calling and clicking links.
Clarify the language around Toll and Toll-free numbers.
Allow the links for Local Numbers, Reset PIN, Learn more about Teams, and Meeting options to be added/removed/customized. For example, I have no idea what purpose the "Local numbers" link serves.
Allow the invitations to be customized for internal participants vs. external/guest participants. For example, the link to "Reset PIN" has nothing to do with external/guest participants. It just adds confusion.
Best case scenario would be to allow complete modification of the invitation!
Thoughts? Anyone else fining this confusing to their meeting participants? Would love to hear from others.
Shashank Singh commented
Is it possible to customize the Teams meeting invite to display the conference ID similar to Skype invite (with Join by Phone Text) as-
Join by Phone-
Current invite is as below
Teams Meeting URL
Like to see the ability to have more than one call in number available in TEAMs invites. This would be quite helpful for clients who have offices in different location and countries but want the ability to see their local call in location in the invite and not have to search for it.
Gary Healy commented
We need this as well. Need to be able to put in our company branding.
yes, otherwise it is useless
My customer wish too customize the signature (add locals phone numbers) into teams meeting invitation and choose language (ex: "Rejoindre la réunion Teams" in english).
And propose an function, into this signature, One Touch (phone number + conference number).