How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

recover deleted tasks and buckets

Please make it possible to recover deleted tasks and buckets of tasks. Sometimes people do stupid things.

144 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason L. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Filip Horáček commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is necessity. The whole Planner is basically useless in most environments, without this feature. Do it!

• Charles Herrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My boss wanted to move the items from the planner tab I had created for myself into a shared team one. I got halfway through the copy-then-delete process before I noticed that it wasn't copying the notes I was keeping in the 'conversations' portion of the tasks. Would be real nice if I could go back and un-delete those tasks now

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A temporary (7-30 days) recycle bin for deleted tasks would be nice, even if only for "Owners" only, as during testing a coworker deleted tasks, after thinking he created a new plan, in a different channel

I deleted a whole Team which we did not use. Unfortunately ouyr Planner was connected to this Team which I did not realize as we only used Planner via the app, nerever throught this Team. The warning message needs to be clarified that deleting Team alos meens deleting other tools that are connected to this Team and they cannot be recovered! For my Group using this Planner for our activities it was not such a big deal as we were able to recreate most of it in the Team we are using. But it could potentially be a disaster!!!

Seriously Microsoft? Is this product for kids to play with in the classroom? Because it doesn't look like it was designed for the business world where liabilty is a serious thing!!!

• Elana Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another reason for this is the scenario I'm thinking of using a team with a plan for: we have an outside IT vendor for some of our systems and it would be great to share the plan with them, but if something is deleted by anyone, we wouldn't know if there is no notification or any way to see deleted tasks. Similar to completed tasks, there should be deleted tasks that can also be recovered :)

I just don't understand how this basic features are not in the app from the get go. COME ON microsoft, please.

• Tomek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, I am not stupid and I just deleted a bucket full of done tasks. There was no warning. Nothing. It's all gone. WTF?

• Lisa Capps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I am one of MANY people who do stupid things. But, often I am the one who has to try to clean up after others who do stupid things.

Feedback and Knowledge Base