How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

disable automatic status

Add option to disable automatic status. I do not want other people to know what I am doing. I would like to see an option that complete disables the automatic status update.

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

privateinformation shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a user controlled option, and the ability to disable the "auto" status feature. It's dependent on your calendar; which isn't the best indicator of availability to chat. Sometimes I have scheduled blocks for Administrative tasks, but need to be available.

• Timothy Spear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to manually set the status, or control it via a schedule, not my calendar. I block time on my calendar to prevent meetings from being scheduled so i can actually get some tasks completed. However, I am still available to answer questions (interrupt driven job on occasion).
    The status misleads people to think I am not available.

• Claudio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User in control!
    Why do you guys at microsoft keep assuming you know better than the user what to do???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I had my status set to Busy. I left for a doctors appointment, which I placed on my calendar. When i returned, my status was set to available. This makes no sense, especially since the app is supposed to have an inactivity tracker. The behavior should be the status when set manually stays until otherwise changed by the user. I have different types of appointments, and not all render me available or not available. Some are task reminders.

• Pierre Fournier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, I'm a member of a meeting I attend 25% of the time. Even though I'm not at this meeting, Teams shows me as "Busy" and I have to put it as "Available" every single time.

It's annoying and an option would be appreciated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.